Introduction to Adobe After Effects
Adobe After Effect is an application that uses the many typography tools to create a dynamic text with 2D and 3D animation. After Effect is also used to create the cinematics visual effects and visual motion graphics, it can use various tincture and adapting methods to apply non-corrosive effects of videos, and it also uses rotoscoping technology to isolate the object from their background. By using stabilization motion, we can correct the camera shake problem.
Three ways of stabilizing motion in After Effect
- Warp Stabilizer: – The warp stabilizer works to create mini track points in the scene and analyses the entire frames using those points. It allows the user to adjust the stabilization intensity. If you turn the smoothness down to 0, the objects are locked down. If you turn it up to 100, then there is a little more movement.
Pro: – Easy to use and understand.
Con: – Lead to warping.
2. Stabilizer Motion Features: – Using of stabilizer motion features to smooth out the footage. Stabilizer motion features are used before the warp stabilizer.
It makes shot 100% stable than warp stabilizer. By using Stabilizer motion Features, we can adjust everything by using a hand. In After Effect the built-in tracking is used in stabilizer motion features.
Pro: – Shot is 100% Stable.
Con: – User adjusts everything by using a hand.
3. ReelSteady: – In After Effect, the one most stabilization tool is ReelSteady. The stabilization found in ReelSteady is better than the warp stabilizer.
The ReelSteady makes the entire frame smooth, but warp stabilizer makes the unstable edges in the video. ReelSteady has added some new features that make
Frames and footage fantastic and take that footage at an excellent level.
Pro: -Stabilization is smooth as compared to others and easy to use.
Con: – Price is high.
Difference between Adobe After Effect and Adobe Premium: –
There are the software in the market that are available for editing the videos, and they are the product of adobe, i.e., Adobe Premium and Adobe After Effect. There are some differences between both are given below:-
|Adobe After Effects||Adobe Premium|
|1. After editing it is good for providing effects and titles.||1. Useful for editing directly from cameras.|
|2. In the edited video, it is used to add motion graphics and visual effects.||2. It is used video editing and film making by professional.|
|3. It is a tool for motion graphics templates.||3. This tool to create virtual reality.|
|4. It can edit only composite videos.||4. It can select multiple videos for edit and composite it.|
|5. Android App is hard to use it because the user interface doesn’t seem to be user-friendly.||5. Android App is easy to use for the user.|
|6. The Cost is higher than the adobe premiere.||6. The Cost is lower than the adobe after effect.|
|7. Users are advanced or average.||7. Users are advanced, average and naïve also.|
|8. Cloud Storage should be 100GB.||8. Cloud Storage should be 100GB.|
Features of After Effects
- When you remove unwanted objects from your video for repair videos by using content-aware fill tools.
- Improvements Expression editor field in the Timeline panel.
- Improvements in performance.
- Save guides for sharing with editors.
- Automatic sync of the font using the creative cloud.
- It Changes the preferences.
- It Changes the scripting.
Purpose of After Effects
After Effect is developed by Adobe Systems. The essential purpose of After effects are the process of film making and television making by using visual effects and graphics. Other purposes are:-
Benefits of After Effects
- Create more complex effects and graphics.
- You make money by using after effects and own creativity.
- The Effects are used in the film industry for VFX and graphics.
- Using after effects, we can easily add explosions and special effects in the movies.
Uses of After Effects
- For video cut and crop.
- For photo editing and manipulation.
- For mixing of music.
- For video conversion.
Real Examples of Adobe After Effects
- Iron man Movie.
- Star War Movie.
The Workflow of Adobe After Effects
The workflows of after effects are similar to other video editing application, but the difference is working with more complex videos rather than simply cutting edges.
- Open the adobe after effects and create a new project and save the project with extension .aep file.
- Select the workspace if necessary according to which workspace we know.
- Import the media files. The files which are imported are called footage.
- Place the footage in composition timelines (compositions should be one or more), arrange in layers and apply effects and animation on that footage.
- Export the movie files.
Efficiency Tips for using Adobe After Effects
- Shortcuts of Keywords- If you want to speed up your work then learn the keyword shortcuts in after effects of working faster.
The beginner can learn shortcut, so you start with easy ones like this:-
|Openting Opacity Options||P|
|Duplicating layers||Cmd +D|
- Ease and Wizz: – Ease and wiz is a script which is used to add algebra driven keyframes interpolation to keyframes in timelines. With few mouse click in the set of frames to give the life of those frames.
- Dedicated RAM/Memory: – if we go to the menu bar at the top of after effects interface, there is a memory in the preferences. There is an option RAM for other applications in which we can set the RAM of other Applications by yourself and make it 2GB and after that, you see the processing speed increased immediately.
- Use Third Party Plugins: – There are some plugins in AE which promise to change the way you use in AE. There are a few essential plugins Workflow tools such as Newton 2, Element 3d, Optical Flares, Trapcode Particular, and Plexus.
The above features are challenging to use and above all plugins are unlock features in after effects. Examples- Using Element 3D we can create the 3D text in seconds.
The Function of Key Frames in After Effects: – After Effects is used for animation and by using AE properties and setting keyframes they move the images such as videos. The essential function of the keyframe is to set the parameters of visual effects, audio, video of any objects and images by changing them over time.
Some other terms are used in after effects:
CTI (Current Time Indicator): – In the Composition panel, it controls the timeline of the footage. We can move the footage using CTI in either backward direction or forward direction.
Mask: – It is the technique in which we can select the specific area within an image, and we can easily modify that particular area while leaving the rest of the steady image. The shortcut key to select the image in the mask is Ctrl+ T.
Motion Sketch: – It is a path in which we can drop or move the image or object. There is a menu bar in the window tab and select the motion sketch option, and you can draw the path and move image accordingly.
Graph Editor: – It is used to change the degree of rotation and speed of rotation.
Blending Mode: – This feature is used to combine layers. Blending Mode is the way by which we can stylise the image. It is also known as transfer modes.