How to Create a specific sized document in Photoshop CC
The default size of a Photoshop document is 16*12 cm. But, we can create a specific size document in Photoshop.
In this article, we will learn how to create a specific sized document in Photoshop CC.
Following are the steps to create a specific sized document in Adobe Photoshop CC:
Step 1: Create a new document
Open Photoshop and go to the “create new” button on the left side of the opening screen. You will easily find this button on the left column of the screen.
Alternatively, go to the “File” menu in the menu bar and click on “new“.
The New Document Dialog Box will appear.
Step 2: Choose your document style
The new document dialog box will have several options to choose from. You can choose any document style from the recent documents menu, or you can also go for a new one from Photo, Print, Art and illustration, web, mobile, and Film and video menu. If you choose the default document, your document size will be 16*12 cm. Choose your document style from the given options.
Step 3: Set your document size
Once you have chosen the document style you want, go to the presets dialog box at the right side of the panel and look at the existing measurements of the document. You can set/change the following things from that dialog box:
- Width: Width is the measurement of something from side to side. Photoshop allows us to change the width of the document in terms of inches, centimeters, pixels, percentage, etc.; we can type our desired width in the box given there.
- Height: Height is the length of the document from up to down. We can set the height of the document in the same unit in which we have set the width. We can type our desired height in the given box.
- Resolution: The number of pixels in an image displayed on the screen is called resolution. We can set the resolution in terms of inches or pixels in Photoshop CC. Our desired resolution can be typed in the box given in the presets panel.
- Color Mode: There are three basic color modes of the document in Photoshop CC. The CMYK color mode is set up for print media. We can set our colorful document to this mode if we would like to print it later. The RGB color mode is for the web or video. We can also set our document’s color mode to RGB if we want to add filters. And the third color mode is grayscale, which is for documents that need dark/gray texture. Set the color mode of our document according to our requirements.
- Background contents: We can set our background content according to our needs in white, transparent, etc.
Step 4: Click on create
If you are satisfied with your new document’s size and other settings, click on the “create” button at the bottom of the panel. After clicking on the create button, the panel will disappear, and your new document will appear on the screen.
If you wish to edit an image in Photoshop CC and want to set a particular size for it, follow the following steps:-
Step 1: Go to the File menu and click on “open“.
Step 2: Choose the image file which you wish to edit.
Step 3: Go to the Image menu from the menu bar and click on image size.
Step 4: Set your desired canvas size and click on “OK” to save your settings.
Photoshop CC is an easy way to create and edit images and other files. It provides us with numerous options to make our document file worthy and attractive. You can add many filters and colors to your file, and you can have your file that matches your specifications.