Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provides the facility of essential resources like physical machines, virtual machines, virtual storage, etc.
Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is a form of cloud computing that offers virtualized computing resources.
Example: Amazon Web Services
It also offers other resources such as:
- Virtual Machine disk storage
- Virtual local area network
- Load balances
- IP addresses
- Software bundles
It is all about virtual servers, extended network, and remote storage. For this, no more large hardware investments, maintenance, or infrastructure are needed.
Advantages of IaaS
- We can dynamically select a CPU, memory, and storage configuration as per your requirements.
- We can easily access the broad computing power available on the IaaS cloud computing platform.
- We can easily remove the need for investment in rarely used IT hardware.
- IT infrastructure is handled by the IaaS cloud computing platform vendors.
Disadvantages of IaaS
- IaaS cloud computing platform model totally depends on the internet.
- IaaS is also dependent on the availability of virtualization services.
- Require training to learn how to manage new infrastructure.
- Having issues regarding data security due to multitenant architecture.