As the name implies, JSP action tags are used to perform various actions during the execution of JSP page. Here, each action performs some specific task. These tasks include:
- Forwarding the current page request to another page.
- Including external page to JSP page.
- Creating a JavaBean instance.
JSP provides additional functionality to JSP pages through these action tags. Unlike directive tags, action tag conveys the information to servlet container when request is being processed.
List of JSP Action Tags
These are the various action tags provided by JSP: –
- jsp:forward – This tag is used to forward the request of current JSP page to any another JSP, Servlet or HTML page.
- jsp:include – This tag includes the external resource to JSP page.
- jsp:useBean – This tag deals with the object of JavaBean.
- jsp:setProperty – This tag sets the property of JavaBean object.
- jsp:getProperty – This tag gets the property associated with JavaBean object.
- jsp:text – This tag is used to write template text in JSP page.
- jsp:elements – This tag is to define XML elements dynamically.
- jsp:attribute – This tag defines the attribute of dynamically generate XML elements.
- jsp:body – This tag defines the body of dynamically generate XML elements.
- jsp:plugin – This tag is used to integrate Java components with JSPpage.