What is Social Media Marketing (SMM)?
Social Media Marketing (SMM) is a form of an internet marketing platform that uses social media sites as a marketing tool. It is used to the brand’s promotion, target audience growth, increasing sales, and services through digital media.
The main aim of SMM is to produce the content that the users share with their social media network to increase brand awareness and extend customer reach. Social media marketing is the fastest growing trend in world history. Social media platforms are the hub of social media networking.
Nowadays, several social networks provide various platforms for social media marketing. The companies address a long-range of stakeholders via the social media marketing platform, present and future employees of the company, including present and prospective users, bloggers, and the general public. Some important social media networking platforms are Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, twitter, etc.
In this social networking, the company did the brand promotion and excited the customer to visit the site.
Here, we can see the active monthly number of users on the most popular social networking platforms.
|Social Networks||Total active users per month|
|More than 1 billion|
|TikTok||More than 800 million|
|More than 400 million|
|More than 310 million|
|More than 300 million|
Social Media Marketing Index
- What is Social Media Marketing?
- History of Social Media Marketing
- Why is Social Media Marketing important for the business?
- Goals of Social Media Marketing
- Tools for Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Marketing KPIs
- Social Engagement
- Social Media Marketing platforms
- Social Media Analysis
- SMO Strategy for business
- Monitoring the Social Media Accounts
- Social Media Optimization at various levels
- Advantages of Social Media Marketing
- Disadvantages of Social Media Marketing
History of Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing platform appears to be a new trend, but its roots extend to the starting era of a computer. What we see today is a consequence of the development of centuries-old social media. The first progenitor of social media networks was Usenet launched in 1979 and a long path from the Usenet to Facebook. Usenet gives permission to the users to post on the newsgroups. Bulletin board systems (BBS) followed the Usenet, and it allows the users to log in and helps to interact with other users. BBS was the predecessor to online services such as progidy. The internet relay chat came to the frame after the online services, giving way to quick messaging.
The online dating sites and forums were on the top in the 90’s, which is responsible for developing the social media networking platform. But they hadn’t allowed the users to make lists of friends. Six degrees have been begun to resolve this function. It allowed the creation of profiles and the listing of pears. After operating for a decade, it was bought and shut down. In this phase, blogging has emerged, creating a sensation in social media networks. Even today, it is still popular. Other social websites such as BlackPlanet and MiGente have been creating profiles and adding friends.
In the year 2000, the modern social media networks came into the picture. Apple had launched its Friendster in 2002, which has more than millions of users. Hi5 and LinkedIn social media websites were launched in 2003. LinkedIn is a place where professionals can contact each other. In the year 2003, MySpace is also launched. Similarly, Facebook was introduced in 2004 and exceeded MySpace, Multiply, Orkut, etc., and it is also still expanding. The decade also conceived media sharing sites such as Flickr, Instagram, photo bucket, twitter, etc., along with bookmarking and news sites such as Digg and Delicious.
Social media has bloomed into the horizon since 2000 and continues to expand limitlessly. Along with media sharing, several other portals offering real-time updates, such as Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Facebook introduced its advertisement programs in 2007.
Why is social media marketing important for the business?
Social Media Marketing is the simplest way to reach a large number of audiences. Nowadays, more than 3.8 billion people use social media network in the world. Therefore, this number of audiences is constantly growing. Social media uses have grown by almost 10% since 2019.
Social media is very useful for increasing brand awareness, promotion of goods and companies, etc. According to Hootsuite, 52% of online brand research happens in public social media platforms. In other words, most people on social networks learn about new brands.
In 2019, users spent time an average of 2 hours and 30 minutes per day on social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. This year, time spent has grown on social media by 14%. It is a perfect way to reach the audience and connect with the other users for a long time.
Social networks become every year more and more important in boosting sales and promoting goods. For example, 43% of internet users used the social media network to research the goods and products before purchasing the product in 2019. Although, only 12% of people are ready to click the buy button the social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others.
Goals of Social Media Marketing
With social media marketing, we can follow a huge variety of goals; it depends on our overall strategy of marketing. Here are a few examples of common SMM goals:
- Sales and lead generation
- Website traffic growth
- Handling negative feedback
- Community engagement increase
- Customer retention
- Audience growth
- Feedback search
- Customer demand research
- Competitors and trends monitoring
- Increasing brand awareness
Tools for Social Media Marketing
Ten years ago, social media networks were a small field, and it was easy for marketers to handle them manually. Today, promoting our brands via the social media network is a difficult task that takes a lot of extra resources to make it work.
Social media marketing implements can be used for mainly these purposes:
- Posts creation and scheduling
- Performance analytics
- Mentions monitoring
- Brand-user communication
Social Media Marketing KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
There are Key Performance Indicators for social media marketing:
- Engagement Metrix
- Reach Metrix
- Conversion Metrix
KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) are also important for marketing, sales, and SMM. These are measurable principles that will enable us to understand how effective our marketing is in achieving its goals and overall results.
Although, in 2019, 19% of the marketers didn’t know how to measure their social media marketing effectiveness. Measuring the effectiveness of social media marketing far exceeded by counting the number of likes, comments, shares, and followers. Today, it’s possible to figure out how exactly social media marketing efforts affect the business.
We can make this simpler by splitting social media marketing KPIs into multiple groups based on the specific objectives they measure, i.e., engagement, outreach, and conversions.
Beyond the statistics available on all social media networks for likes, reviews, and shares, users can combine them with some more complex metrics to get a full story.
- Average engagement rate: – This average engagement rate helps the user to monitor the way that the user communicates with the campaign.
- Amplification rate: – It shows how our followers share our content with other users.
- Virality rate: – This virality rate helps the user to understand which post content can go viral on the social media network.
The below table contains the formulas which help to calculate the engagement metrics.
|Average engagement rate||(Likes + Shares + Comments) / Total Followers * 100|
|Amplification rate||Post Shares / Total Followers * 100|
|Virality rate||Post Shares / Total Impressions * 100|
This metric helps the user to understand how many outsiders people will see the content of posts on the social media network.
- Post outreach: – It shows how many people seen our post since it was uploaded.
- Audience growth rate: – It helps to track the speed of our page’s growth in terms of followers.
- Social share of voice (SSoV): – The social share of voice shows how many times the company brand has been mentioned by the users in comparison to our competitors on social media networks.
The below table contains the formulas which help to calculate the outreach metrics.
|Post outreach||Post views / Total user followers * 100|
|Audience growth rate||New Followers / Total user followers * 100|
|Social share of voice (SSoV)||Your mentions / All other mentions * 100|
The post content may be engaging and sharable, but what does it contribute to your company? It can be shown by the conversion metrics.
- Conversion rate: – The conversion rate helps the users to understand how many users changed into customers after the post delivered on the social media network.
- Click-through rate (CTR): – The click-through rate shows how many users reacted to our Click-through rate (CTR).
The below table contains the formulas which help to calculate the outreach metrics.
|Conversion rate||Conversion / Total Clicks * 100|
|Click-through rate (CTR)||Click / Total Impressions * 100|
Social media engagement is the process of reaching out to potential clients via the social media platform. It is achieved mainly to attract attention to a specific product or service. It’s a two-way platform where a customer can share a good relationship between the venders. It is a two-way network in which a customer can share a strong relationship with a vendor.
It is required to connect with the audience to achieve maximum impact. We can do this by strategizing our social media engagement expectations to grab more out of less.
- Use the “Social Channels” to reach out the users
- To announce any event that you organized, use the Social Media channels.
- Entertain Posts shared by the audience.
- Use Social Media Circles to engage in valuable conversations and educational ones.
- Participate in groups of social media.
Measure your level of engagement to trace your efforts at engagement. It is basically a ratio between the social media platforms that the users are using and the social media platforms that the users are not using to engage.
Social Media Marketing Platforms
There are many social media marketing platforms, which are as follows:
- Facebook Marketing
- Twitter Marketing
- LinkedIn Marketing
- Google+ Marketing
- Pinterest Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Social Bookmarking
- Image Optimizing Marketing
- Blog Marketing
Here, we are going to discuss social media marketing platforms briefly.
Facebook is the largest social networking provider who can invite and communicate with friends, upload photos and messages, comment or like or share them. The beginning of Facebook has washed out other social media networks and perfectly positioned a dominant place in the social networking platform.
Facebook was created in February 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg who is a student at Harvard University. The developer portal was later opened, which facilitated application building and widget building for third-party developers. A cross-site initiative known as Facebook connect was announced that made it easier for users to post in the Facebook newsfeed on third-party sites.
How to grow the business with Facebook?
Facebook is the most popular site used by users, and it has become the powerhouse of business marketing activities.
The branding outpost on the websites is offered for the business by Facebook as the employees, customers, and media can view the information about the company, services, and products. Businesses and employees are directly linked to customers and fans through the social media network.
Facebook can generate new leads to the business by drawing the user’s attention to business offerings. We can share the links, the images, and the posts. Facebook runs tactics such as contests, sweepstakes, etc., increasing the company’s fans and brand awareness.
What are the latest trends on Facebook?
As the new trends are constantly emerging, and social media marketing is continuing to evolve, it is important to be updated with the latest market trends. Some of the latest trends that every business should be aware of include using the cover photo for marketing, various types of Facebook posts, pictures, etc.
What are Facebook Apps?
Facebook applications are software programs that are typically applied to the Facebook user’s profiles. These apps or software applications make it easier to use Facebook platform technologies. The uniqueness of the software applications has allowed Facebook applications to gain a huge following.
The Facebook apps integrate notifications, newsfeeds, and several other social media channels to give awareness and interest in using the Facebook app. Apps are developed to improve the experience on Facebook.
Advantages of the Facebook app on social media marketing
Following are the advantages of Facebook on social media marketing:
- It increased exposure to potential customers.
- Users can easily create a new product or online service campaign.
- It builds brand loyalty.
- It offers multiple social media marketing platforms.
- The marketing strategy of the app is very low cost.
- It can easily update everyone at once about the business on social media networks.
Twitter is a popular social media networking platform that allows registered users to read and write a 140 characters message called tweets. It is available on all devices such as mobile phones, desktops, tablets, and laptops. It is developed by Jack Dorsey, who was an undergraduate student at New York University. Twitter was launched as an SMS based communication social media platform. Initially, it was known as “twttr”. Jack Dorsey sent his first-ever tweet on 21 March 2006 – “just set up my twttr”.
Twitter marketing is a powerful tool for businesses of all sizes and structures to reach out to new customers, promote their brand, and connect with other businesses. Users can find out whether customers are talking about them, and the business can respond accordingly. For the business, tweets generate another instance that appears in the search engine results. Twitter serves as a strong foundation for our business to branch out to other social sites. Twitter is a very good platform to project what our company is doing and to reach a huge audience, where our tweets can promote products and events.
LinkedIn is a social media networking site for business-oriented that was launched in 2003. It has more than 480 million users around the world. This social media platform is available in 20 languages. It allows the user to create and customize profiles, and connect with people with similar areas of interest. This social media platform is older than Facebook. LinkedIn is developed by Reid Hoffman in 2002 and launched in 2003. The initial growth of LinkedIn was very slow. Currently, it is the largest social media networking platform and helping users with many job opportunities. Jobseekers can connect and follow hiring the managers and update their profiles in a certain way so that they can be easily discovered.
Anyone can follow a company, bookmark jobs, get notifications, like and comment on posts from others, and invite others to participate on LinkedIn. LinkedIn’s best part is that you can see your recent visitors and endorse the skills of others. Initially, in some days, it had only 20 sign-ups. The growth of LinkedIn has never exploded quite as of Facebook, but over 16 years, it has grown to 470 million members.
LinkedIn is a social media networking platform but has all the features of a great provider for a marketing opportunity. We interact here with those people who mean business. To social media marketing via LinkedIn, it is required to do the following:
- We need to build a robust business page that shows our goods and services in a compelling format.
- We need to launch a group which is related to our business that can attract significant traffic.
- We need to invite users and vendors to follow and recommend our page.
LinkedIn is the most powerful social media networking tool, and we must need to follow its policies and best practices.
How to grow the business through LinkedIn?
LinkedIn social media marketing is considered to be the ideal platform for demonstrating business products and services and expertise. LinkedIn provides many options for business growth, which are as follows:
- We need to be hired new talent for the business.
- Business relevant issues need to be discussed, and credibility can be established so that business expertise can be demonstrated.
- The topmost people who can support the business can be identified and reached easily.
- The products and services marketed via the LinkedIn social media have a wide reach to traffic.
- Products and services must be constantly promoted and, therefore, the market base must be expanded.
Google+ is a social media platform that is operated by Google and used by millions of users. In addition to being a social media networking platform, it is a channel to let search engines know you about it. Google+ presence helps to improve the visibility of the local search. On Google+, we can follow people in ‘Circles’ to share information.
Advantages of Google+
Following are the advantages of Google+ platform:
- Branding: Google will fetch the data from Google+ for keywords with the brand name. Google+ presence marks high on SERP.
- Link building: Any Google+ link will serve as one backlink to our website. Our link is sent straight to Google’s index.
- Quality Reviews: Google flashes the reviews and ratings to users that makes it more convincing for the company.
How to promote Business on Google+?
Google+ can be a source that can attract huge traffic to our website. Try using all of its functionality to promote our company using Google+. It gives tangible momentum to our website and continuous growth. In order to get maximum benefit, we can easily integrate other services (YouTube, Hangout, etc.), and it helps to build up our reputation.
There are some tips and tricks that help to promote business on Google+ as follows:
- Include the URL of the site and apply a good call-to-action to make users search the site. Photographs related to our business embedded.
Pinterest is a dynamic social media platform used for sharing an image, fun media, videos, and many more. It is also called a visual bookmarking tool that helps to find creative ideas and save them. By using the Pinterest social media platform, users can interact with other peoples by sharing their hobbies and interests via the Online Bulletin Boards (OBB). Pinterest was developed by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra, and Evan Sharp in December 2010.
How is Pinterest used as a Marketing Tool?
Pinterest can be used as a social media networking platform to promote business and brands. Pinterest is to be a little informal compared with other available methods of social media marketing. Pinterest helps businesses to create online pages designed to promote their businesses. These pages can be operated as a virtual storefront.
For example, in a case study of website users going to Pinterest, they spent $190 compared to $90 spent by Facebook users. Some users spent less time on the website of the company, instead of selecting to search for the pinboard of the company. It is observed that Pinterest drives sales more than other social media platforms.
Pinterest launched a Rich Pins tool in 2013 to increase customer experience while browsing via the company pins.
Business pages have several types of data, topics, and information, like movie ratings, goods prices, or recipes ingredients.
How to promote the Business through Pinterest?
Users can use the following methods to promote the business through Pinterest.
Strategies for Digital marketing
- Creating boards that get noticed, moving traffic, and turning the fans into customers.
- The Pinterest community is required to be created via high-level engagement activities, smart pinning strategies, and social media outreach.
Ease of Marketing
- An attractive method of marketing is to set up a marketing campaign.
- Pinterest can easily sell the content to the targeted audience.
Since the 1940s, Social video marketing has been a key module in publicity. Boluva launched the very first video ad in 1941. It was a commercial during the Yankee game on a New York television station. The popularity of video advertising has steadily increased after video marketing.
- Video disrupted traditional media in 1979 when MTV released the “video killed the radio star” video, which was produced in South London on a budget of $50,000.
- Apple released an iconic TV commercial to the Apple Macintosh PC in 1984. It cost about $900,000 to produce.
- The year 1995 marked the start of Viral Videos. The executive at Fox Commissions created a Christmas card video for his family and friends, and it became viral.
- In 1996, “The Baby Dancing” entertained millions by an animated baby’s humorous dance.
- “Charlie bit my finger again” in 2007 took the world by storm.
- The Gangnam Style video became a big success in 2012 and broke all records on YouTube.
- YouTube starts creating superstars out of video contributors in 2014. Charity begins in the same year when ALS has made a million people take on ‘Ice bucket challenge’ and raised $100 million.
Bookmarks are stored, organized, searched, and handled by Social Bookmarking. The post links can be bookmarked on any of the Social Bookmarking websites and can be accessed via backlinks. There are many websites used in social bookmarking like Digg, Diigo, Reddit, Delicious, etc.
- Digg: It is the most popular social bookmarking website where the links of the webs are organized, shared, and stored. The shared content on Digg yield important traffic, and the site ranked high.
- Diigo: This social bookmarking website makes it easier for registered users to bookmark the website and also enables some of it to be highlighted, and sticky notes can be attached.
- Reddit: The contents of this website may be submitted by registered users. Users are allowed to vote for ‘up’ and ‘down’ content, and the post is hit when many like it.
- Delicious: It is a website of social bookmarking that offers the registered users to store, discover, and share the bookmarks.
- Stumble Upon: This social bookmarking website allows us to easily discover videos, images, webpages, etc.
Benefits of being a registered user on a social bookmarking website
There are some benefits of being a registered user on a social bookmarking website as follows:
- The content can be organized for future use, and they can be bookmarked. When required, the inventory stacks are available to choose from.
- In the future, the pages may be edited by creating actionable tags.
- The business ideas and words can be shared among the different business-related communities.
- Links can be tracked, and backlinks also are recorded.
Advantages of social bookmarking
There are some advantages of social bookmarking as follows:
- Viral: When a web page on the social bookmarking website is bookmarked, the visitors can see it on their page. If the post is liked, then the post will be bookmarked and posted on the website, and thus the website will go viral.
- Boost Traffic: The number of content sessions increases, as the content is posted on more social bookmarking websites. More people visit the website as the site tends to get more people exposed to it.
- Trace your success rate: The number of votes up and the number of votes down for the post can be traced to the social bookmarking website. It facilitates to analyze the success rate of message delivery.
- Branding: The social bookmarking website may be promoted using relevant and appropriate keywords. It helps create brand awareness and interact with others in the community.
Image Optimizing Marketing
It is essential that the images should be used in most compressed and clear formats, as they are very effective and serve as the best resource intensive. The Photos impact the loading time and the usage of bandwidth. By optimizing the images, the page loads more quickly, bandwidth usage decreases, and memory management becomes more efficient. Some of the most popular websites that offer these image optimization features such as Flickr and Picasa.
- Flicker: The most popular website for image and video hosting is Flickr, where the images are embedded and shared. It’s a good platform to photo researchers and bloggers to host the images that can be used in blogs and social media.
- Picasa: A photo-sharing website that allows us to organize and view images. Via Picasa, images can be transferred, organized, edited, and shared. It also allows us to share photos on Google+, and people can be tagged in the picture.
Image Marketing in social media marketing
Image marketing is one of the evolving trends in social media marketing. It gives a boost to social media marketing.
A journal or a weblog that is regularly updating is known as a blog. Apart from being a content achiever, it is a platform that facilitates discussion. A topic can be discussed, and comments may also post. It can be used by either a small group or an individual.
What is blogging?
Every activity and skillset related to the blog and its management is known as blogging, such as writing the posts, designing the posts, publishing the posts, social marketing, etc. In other words, the process of adding new content to a blog and updating the blog at regular intervals is also known as blogging.
- A blogger is a person involved in blogging.
- This service allows us to compose a post, update, edit, and manage the post. Blogger can customize the blogs. It provides facilities for sharing and earning money. As the blogger runs on Google, it cannot be hacked.
- WordPress is a software used to create and customize a search-friendly website. The website can be transformed by the use of different themes and plugins. The WordPress community has more than 70 million people. Some of the WordPress plans are premium, and some are free.
- Tumbler is a microblogging social media platform that allows the user to create a blog and customize it. It can be used the stories, videos, images, audios, etc. Bloggers can either keep their blogs private on the tumbler or follow the other blogs.
Advantages of blogging
There are many advantages of blogging as follow:
How to set a Blog using Blogger?
Blogger can create a blog by using the following steps:
How to promote a Blog?
The following measures may be used to promote a blog:
Social Media Analysis
Different reporting tools for social media analysis
Social media marketing is analyzed and measured by various tools. Select the best tool which serves the purpose as desired. Some of them are just simple and functional, whereas others are real-time dashboards and customized. Some of the tools are free, and some of the premium. The following tools described below are used to analyze social media marketing.
- Viralheat: This Viralheat tool supports all the popular social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google, YouTube, and others. The cost of this tool in the range from $49.00 to $499.00 per month. It compares the search items on the web and shows the information in a graph or a pie chart.
- Sysomos: It supports all the social media platforms like blogs and forums. The cost of this tool is $550 per month. The online conversations about the business are gathered, and this real-time monitoring tool provides an insight report.
- Spreadfast: It supports all the popular social media platforms. The cost of this Spreadfast tool in the range from $1000 to $2500 per month. It is a scalable platform, and the content is organized by a larger group.
- SproutSocial: It supports all the popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and others. The cost of this SproutSocial tool in the range from $39.00 to $99.00 per month. It helps us to enable social conversation, publish the message on social media networks, and measure the performance of social efforts.
- UberVU: It supports all the major social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and many more. The cost of this UberVU tool in the range from $500 to $1000 per month. This tool provides actionable insight into the data. It enables us to maintain track of the audience in real-time and allows engaging with the audience. It is used to measure the social buzz of the business.
SMO Strategy for Business
A wisely applied Strategy for SMO may provide a great boost to our business or a company. We need to set simple and well-defined business goals and priorities to get full benefits from social media. The following points used as the backbone for any SMO strategy:
- Set measurable and achievable targets.
- Know about the customers.
- Business research and trends.
- Explore more Platforms for Social Networking. Reflect the presence on all.
- Choose the main business-related subjects. Using them in terms of content.
- Set the parameters for Social Engagement.
- Plan the use of the tools.
- Track results.
Monitoring the Social Media Accounts
Once we have done the implementation of the Social Media Optimization (SMO) strategies, it is required to check the output. To analyze our effort, we need to collect the data incurred through social media.
We can use the following tool to analyze the output and the rate of success:
- Howsociable.com: It finds out the social scores.
- Semrush.com: It analyzes the social status of our competitors.
- Google Insights: It analyzes the insights of businesses like traffic sources, page views, etc.
- Socialmention.com: It tracks the talk about the company, new product, or any other topic around the social media landscape of the web.
Social Media Optimization (SMO) at various levels
There are various levels of Social Media Optimization, like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, etc.
- Twitter: At this level, the business summary is optimized. It uses a brief summary instead of titles. Its word limit of 140 characters compels users to use fewer words but wise words. It makes the summary of Twitter outstanding. Perfect writing summaries on Twitter will lead the business to the top bracket.
- Facebook: We can make conversations on Facebook. The news feeds allow us to share the post with good content and engaging content at a regular interval. Conversational summaries bind the people and bring them closer to each other.
- LinkedIn: Here, we can share the content and also discuss the post. The group discussion related to the business is created and attended. LinkedIn marks the presence on the web. The content is optimized and make it informative. By rewriting it, the followers are made to feel like a part of it.
- Google: Here, share the strong images relevant to the business. It repurposes the content and makes it more legible.
Advantages of Social Media Marketing
The following are the advantages of Social Media Marketing.
- Increase brand awareness
- Boost website traffic.
- Faster and easier distribution of the post content
- Regular interaction with the target audience
- Industry, competitor insights, and marketplace
Increase Brand awareness
54% of people are using social media to research the goods. So, the company would also provide high-quality profiles on various social networks in order to take advantage of the social media preferences of consumers. In this case, prospective customers could be reached to their brand or product on their favorite social media platform. In addition, excellent social media service is also crucial. Users expect from the companies to help them, and if the assistance of the company is excellent, they are happy to recommend the brand to other users. 71% of customers will recommend a company or brand if they have a positive social media experience with a company.
Social Media platforms can help us to brand the business. It also helps us to increase our public profile as well. We can increase brand awareness as follows:
- Select the correct Social Media Channel for your business.
- Finalize a strategy for social content.
- Create a strong strategy for the content.
- Take part in a good conversation with the clients so the users can feel more connected.
- Keep track of all key indicators such as future scope, conversation sharing, connections, and so on.
Boost Website Traffic
Even though several platforms of social media networks permit the brands to sell their goods without accessing an external website, social media platform still is the best way to increase traffic. For example, 15% of all mobile web search traffic comes from the social media network.
Faster and easier content distribution
When the user supports the business through post content marketing, the user can more efficiently deliver its content with SMM. Users always share useful, excited, and entertaining information with their friends on social media platforms. Sometimes it moves beyond one network and helps to grow the user target audience.
The Social media networking platform is the best way to inform the customers about the special offers of products. Social networks help deliver sales or gift information quickly and cheaply, although most users prefer to receive promotional email messages.
Regular interaction with the target audience
Nowadays, half of the world population uses the social media network for almost three hours a day, so it is a great way to communicate with the targeted audience. This way, the user brand is already in the position where the customers want to spend their time, so it lets remain user close and be more comfortable.
Industry, marketplace and competitor insights
Social media platform offers the best opportunity to watch not only customer satisfaction but also the new trends and the competitor’s activities. We get the additional content with the last business news. We can use them as subjects for discussion with our followers. By collecting the data from the competitors, we get the motivation to build a better product and our strategy for social media marketing.
Disadvantages of Social Media Marketing
By using social media marketing, there is no issue, but there are some risks in it. If we share the positive posts, comments, and content on it, we will never face any problem in social media marketing.
The following are the disadvantages of Social Media Marketing:
The main disadvantage of social media marketing is time. When we start a business in social media marketing, it takes a lot of time to expand the business.
Exposure to Competitors
Social media marketing permits us to research the strategy of our competitors in the market. Although our competitors can still study our business strategies via our social media platform.
Need qualified Personnel
To focus on the most business problems, we have to hire qualified employees to handle business accounts and traffic in social media marketing. This means that we have to invest the money both in quality apparatus and salary.
Slow returns on investments
It is a long-term investment that cannot be expected to return overnight. For businesses hoping for a fast result, it would be appropriate to implement traditional methods such as word of mouth.