Tableau add Filter Card to Dashboard
Tableau provides a very significant feature of filtering of data for the ease of data analysis. Tableau allows the filtering of data of the fields, which are also known as dimensions or measures. Whatever data that is dimensions or measures if we bring it to rows and columns, we get a graphical view. But if we want to filter the graphical view, filter card is used. There are primarily two techniques through which Tableau carries out the screening.
• Computed Filtering
It is the filter which is directly applied on an axis using the filter dialog button.
• Manual Sorting
It is used to rearrange the order of dimension fields by dragging them next to each other in an ad hoc fashion.
Let us see the basic of Filter card and learn step by step process to complete guidance of operating tableau filter card.
• We will come over the direction and right-click on it and click show filter.
• It will add it to that filters card.
• On the right-hand side of the worksheet, you can see a checkbox appears. You can select or remove any dimension or measure list from that checklist.
• Let us suppose we want to eliminate the central and the highest from the mix. Now, look at the above diagram, the highest data is present at North direction, so if we remove the north from the checklist, the new highest will be South which has taken the positioning of the North.
• Now, if we pull out the South option as well, then the next highest is the West direction.
• If we don’t want to have these filters, we can pull it off there by right-clicking on the dimension present on the filter card. A dialog box will pop up. Click on remove. That field will get removed from the filter card.
• That’s the basic of filters. One other thing that we can mention is that we can filter any dimension or measure manually by dragging. If we wanted to filter out by month, we can filter the July’s month and could pull in the category. We have these filters by type, and we select them all they’ll be there. We can simply drag the Month dimension on the top of the filter card.
• A dialogue box will appear asking whether you want all the filed or want some custom fields. One can choose according to his/her preferences.
• Click show filter, and it will bring it over here, and we can remove out the technology.
• The same dialogue will appear on the right side of the pane.
• When we pulled on the direction, and we pulled on sales, it automatically made us a bar chart, but we could change this to be a line chart.
• And we can see the color changes because we have filtered it on the basis of the direction.
This was all about the filter card. Further, in the tutorials, we will learn more about filters. And we will see all the different kinds of filter that Tableau supports.