1) What is VB.NET?
VB.NET stands for Visual Basic .NET. It is an object oriented programming language. It is implemented on .NET framework and launched by Microsoft in 2001.
2) Who is the developer of VB.NET?
Microsoft is the developer of VB.NET.
3) Why we should use VB.NET?
We should use VB.NET because of the following advantages.
- It is object oriented programming.
- It is easy to use.
- Structured language.
- It produces efficient programs.
4) What are the features of VB.NET?
VB.NET features are listed below.
- Automatic garbage collection
- Standard Library
- Assembly Versioning
- Properties and Events
- Delegates and Events Management
- Easy to use Generics
- Indexers etc.
5) How can we declare variable in VB.NET?
We can declare a variable in VB.NET by using the given code.
Dim pi As Double
6) How to write a simple program of VB.NET?
The following program is a simple program of VB.NET.
'This program will display Hello World
7) What is Metadata in VB.NET?
In VB.NET, Metadata is data about content of data. It is inside the catalog of libraries file.
8) What is the difference between VB and VB.NET?
The difference between VB and VB.NET are listed in the below table.
|Visual Basic||Visual Basic .NET|
|It is platform dependent.||It is platform independent.|
|It is backward compatible.||It is not backward compatible.|
|We canâ€™t develop multi-threaded applications.||We can develop multithreading application.|
|It is interpreted Language.||It is compiler language.|
|Exception handled by using â€˜ on Errorâ€¦ Goto â€˜||Exception is handled by â€˜ tryâ€¦catchâ€™|
9) What is namespace?
A namespace is way to represent the class, structure and interfaces.
10) What are I/O classes in VB.NET?
In VB.NET, I/O (input-output) classes are listed in below table.
|BinaryReader||It is used to read primitive data from a binary stream.|
|BinaryWriter||It helps to writes primitive data in binary format.|
|BufferedStream||It is a temporary storage for a stream of bytes.|
|StreamWriter||It is used for writing characters to a stream.|
11) What are JIT and its types?
JIT stands for Just In Time. It is a compiler for runtime execution environment.
The following are the types of JIT.
- Pre-JIT : It is used to compile at the time of deployment of an application.
- Econo-JIT : It is used to compile while methods called at runtime.
- Normal JIT : It is used to compile first time while methods called at runtime.
12) How can we use message box in VB.NET?
We can use message box in VB.NET by using MsgBox() method.
13) What is CLR in VB.NET?
CLR stand for common language runtime. It is the heart of .NET framework. It is used to check the code during execution of the program.
Some CLR features are:
- Garbage Collection
- Code Verification
- Code Access Security
- IL (Intermediate Language)
14) How many types of error are in VB.NET?
There are three types of error in VB.NET:
- Syntax error
- Run-time errors
- Logic errors
15) What is Assembly and its type?
Assembly is the unit of deployment for the Microsoft .NET framework. It takes the form of an executable (.exe) file or DDL( dynamic-link library). It is a logic unit of code.
There are two types of assemblies:
- Private: A private assembly can use by only a single application.
- Shared: A shared assembly can use by all the applications located on the server.