Difference Between VB.NET and JAVA
VB.NET stands for Visual Basic.NET. It is a programming language. It was developed by Microsoft. It is an object-oriented programming language, multi-paradigm, implemented on .NET Framework. It supports the features of object-oriented programming such as Encapsulation ( bundles the data and code acting on data together ), Polymorphism( to refer the child class, parent class reference is used ), Abstraction( hides unnecessary details from the user ), and Inheritance( one class can inherit the features of another class ) are also supported by it.
VB.NET came into the market in the year 2002. It was originally developed by Microsoft. Basically, it was the upgrade to the original Visual Basic. Before 2002, .NET was used, after 2002, it was removed, and only Visual Basic was used in order to differentiate with the initial Visual Basic. There are two main languages targeting the .NET Framework, one of them is VB.NET, and the other one is VISUAL C#.
Visual Studio is Microsoft’s integrated development environment (IDE) for developing in Visual Basic .NET language. Most Visual Studio editions are commercial, but there are two freeware editions available: Visual Studio Express and Visual Studio Community. The .NET Framework SDK also includes a freeware command-line compiler called vbc.exe. Mono and also includes a command-line VB.NET compiler.
VB.NET has complete access to the Libraries of .NET as it runs on the .NET Framework.The Web, Windows, Office and Mobile applications can be rapidly created on the .NET FrameworkVB.NET is designed to be easily understandable by both the beginner and pro programmers. VB.NET is reliable on .NET Framework. In this language, the programs are reliable and scalable. The object-oriented applications can also be created in VB.NET as they are created in C++, C# and JAVA. The programs written in languages like Visual C#, J#, C++ and VB.NET can work well within each other. In VB.NET, each thing is treated as an object.
VB.NET is an upgraded version from Visual Basic 6. It does not share compatibility. Thus, the code written in Visual Basic 6 is unable to compile under the platform of VB.NET.
Features of VB.NET
VB.NET has various features, as a result of which it has become a popular programming language for programmers all around the world. These are the features of VB.NET:
- It is not a case sensitive language.
- VB.NET also includes the feature of XML Designing and also has automation in code formatting.
- Automation is done in the task of Garbage Collection.
- It supports the Boolean terms in the process of decision making.
- It allows your apps to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously with the help of Simple multithreading.
- There are simple generics in VB.NET.
- It has a standard library.
- VB.NET also helps in the management of Events.
- References. An external object should be referenced, which can be used in the VB.NET application.
- The use of tags is performed to deliver information about the elements which are defined within a program are known as Attributes.
- There are tags for which are required for providing additional information regarding the elements that have been defined within a program are known as Attributes.
- A form can be inherited from an already existing form using Windows Forms.
Java is the language of high-performance, standard, or targeted programming. James Gosling built it at Sun Microsystems in 1995. Later, it was acquired by Oracle. Java-based applications are highly secure, robust, standalone, fast-moving. Due to reuse code, programmers do not need to write Java code due to code repetition; instead, they can benefit from the performance from the first step. It can also be said that following (WORA) Write if you have read any, that means write the code at once and read it or call it anywhere in the programming language.
In this way, it reduces the complexity of the code in the setup. It is a standalone platform, which means that an engineer does not need to create separate platforms for different platforms. Therefore, the application is designed for a single platform that can work on many platforms such as Unix, Window, Macintosh. This application is known as Java.
- Free and open source.
- Java has a large community of developers and, as a result, has many support platforms, as well as a lot of documentation.
- Provides more plug-ins to IDE’s, saving a lot of time on development.
- JVM (Java, Scala, Clojure, etc.) is best used in many applications.
- Java variants are very manageable.
- Java will collaborate with IoT, providing large libraries for the development of installed applications.
- With a mature and robust structure that is time-efficient, Java is well suited for developing flawless business software development.
Difference between VB.NET and JAVA
|VB.NET is an object oriented language developed by Microsoft.||JAVA is also an object-oriented language developed by Sun Microsystems.|
|VB.NET only runs on the various Windows Operating Systems as it is a platform dependent language.||Java can run on any Operating System as it is a platform independent language.|
|The runtime environment in the Vb.NET is known Common Language Runtime (CLR).||The runtime environment in JAVA is Java Virtual Machine (JVM).|
|VB.NET is not a Case Sensitive Language.||Java is a Case Sensitive Language.|
|Database Connectivity – ADO.NET||Database Connectivity – JDBC and ODBC.|
|Both the languages support Multithreading Concept.||Both the languages support Multithreading Concept.|
|Using VB.NET requires a Windows License.||JAVA is an Open Sourced Language.|