Most Frequently asked WordPress Interview Questions and Answers 2019
1) What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source CMS (Content Management System) and a blogging tool.
It is used to create web sites and blogs.
It is easy to learn so that anybody can easily design and develop website rapidly.
It is written in Php and uses MYSQL database to store data.
2) What is the Difference between WordPress.com vs Wordpres.org?
WordPress.com is a fully hosted name and WordPress.org is self-hosted name.
3) What are features of WordPress?
WordPress has various features that are listed below.
- Publishing Tools
- Media Management etc.
4) How can we safe WordPress website?
WordPress is secure by default but we can make it more secure by installing online updated and authenticate plugins. We should always update our WordPress engine time to time to avoid malicious activities.
5) Why should we use WordPress?
WordPress is used to create web sites and blogs. It has various reasons to use that are listed below
- WordPress is free as in freedom
- Easy to use and learn
- Search Engine Friendly
- Safe and secure etc.
6) What are the essential plugins for WordPress?
WordPress has pluggable structure that allows us to reuse the pluggable components. There are many essential plugins for WordPress:
- Best SEO Plugin
- optimize image files etc.
7) What are Developer features in a WordPress?
WordPress provides various developer features:
- Theme System
- Plugin System
- Custom Content Types
- The Latest Libraries
- Application Framework.
8) What are the Template Files for developing WordPress Theme?
There are following Template Files for developing WordPress theme:
- 404.php etc.
9) What is prefix of WordPress table by default?
By default, wp_ is the prefix for WordPress table in MySQL database.
10) What are the alternatives CMS of WordPress?
There are various alternative CMS of WordPress that are given below:
- Movable Type
- Silver Stripe
11) From SEO point of view, is WordPress helpful? Will it show the website on Google?
Yes, WordPress is helpful and it has inbuilt SEO search engine. You can also use additional SEO plug-in to optimize search.
12) What are the types of Hooks in WordPress and mention their function?
There are two types of Hooks in WordPress. It allows user to create WordPress theme or plugin. WordPress Hook functions are given below:
- Action Hooks: It allow you to inset an additional code from an outside resource
- Filter Hooks: It allow you to add a content or text at the end of post.
13) Why does WordPress use MySQL?
WordPress use MySQL because it is widely used database server. It is extremely fast and an open source database.
14) Is it possible to rename the WordPress folder?
Yes, it is possible to rename the WordPress folder. If WordPress is already installed, we have to login the weblog as the administrator. After login, we can change the settings with the help of given addresses:
- WordPress address (URI)
- Blog address( URI )
15) How many tables are there in WordPress by default?
There are about 11 tables in WordPress by default.
16) What is Multilingual?
Multilingual is used for translating all the content into the selected languages.
17) What is User Management?
User Management is a module that allows managing the information of user in WordPress. It can manage like changing the role of the users to (Subscribe, contributor, author, editor, or administrator), cerate or deletes the user, change the password and user information.
18) How can you backup your WordPress content?
We can backup our WordPress content by importing from the WordPress admin menu as given in the instruction WordPress admin -> Tools -> Import.
19) What are most commonly functions used in WordPress?
WordPress provides various predefined functions which are tabled below.
|wp_nav_menu ()||It is used to display a navigation menu.|
|is page()||It is used to check, if this is page OR NOT, will return boolean value.|
|get_the_excerpt()||It is used to copy the excerpt of the post into a specified variable.|
|in_category()||It is used to check, if the specified post is assigned to any of the specified categories OR not.|
|the_title()||It is used to displays the title of the post in website.|
|the_content()||It is used to displays the contents of the post in website.|
20) What are the rules that you have to follow for WordPress plugin development?
There are following rules that we have to follow for WordPress plugin development:
- Create a unique name.
- Create the plugin’s folder.
- Create a sub-folder for PHP files, translations and assets.
- Create the main plug-in file and fill in header information.
- Create activation and de-activation functions.
- Create an uninstall script.
- Create a readme.txt file.
21) What is WordPress loop?
The WordPress loop is a mechanism that is used for outputting posts through a template file or a php file.
22) In WordPress objects are passed by value or pass by reference?
In WordPress, all objects are passed by value.
23) How can we call constructor of parent class?
We can call constructor of parent class by using following syntax:
24) What is WYSIWYG Editor?
WYSIWYG is an editor and a word processor which is used to create, edit content at the web page.
25) Does WordPress have cookies?
Yes, WordPress have cookies and these cookies are used to verify the user while logged in.
26) In which cases WordPress is not suitable for a website?
There are following some cases that are not suitable for a website.
- If the client is working on non-CMS based project.
- For complex and innovative e-commerce sites.
- Sites which require custom scripting solutions.
27) How to write the short code in WordPress PHP File?
In WordPress, do_shortcode() functions is used to write the short code.
<?php do_shortcode("[shortcode]"); ?>
28) What is the by default prefix in WordPress?
In WordPress, the by default prefix is wp_ .
29) Why does WordPress use MySQL?
WordPress uses MySQL because of its features:
- It is Open Source.
- It supported many os.
- There is no cost.
- It is extremely fast.
30) How to check if a page exits by URL?
The get_page_by_path() function is used to check if a page exits by URL.