Introductionn to CakePHP
CakePHP is a fast open-source platform for the development of the PHP framework. The objective of CakePHP is easy to create, distribute, and handle the web application. The CakePHP contains libraries, classes, and run-time infrastructure for creating web applications, which is inspired by the Ruby on Rails framework. It is based on the model–view–controller (MVC) approach that reduces the code length for creating a beautiful web application with less effort.
The CakePHP language began in April 2005, when a Polish programmer, Michal Tatyarownikz, wrote a short report of a rapid application development framework in PHP and named it Cake. He announced that CakePHP is used as an open framework under the MIT license and opened it for the online community of developers. In December 2005, L. Masters and G.J. Woodworth established a CakePHP Software Foundation to promote development programs related to CakePHP and in May 2006 released the first version of CakePHP.
Why we use CakePHP
CakePHP has several features that make it highly recommended as a framework for quick and risk-free implementation of applications.
- User-friendly Tool: It is helpful to create a complex web application directly. Furthermore, we can easily customize the web application as per our needs in CakePHP applications. It allows us to create coding in the template editor quickly.
- Robust Performance: It also provides a built-in data validation process in CakePHP for validating the web application. Furthermore, it makes the complex structure simpler for the development of the website by the use of advanced tools that are supporting your developing site across the world.
- Compatibility with PHP4 and the above version: CakePHP’s application is supported with PHP4 and a higher version of PHP for the smoothly running web application.
- CRUD development: A CakePHP provides a beneficial thing for the development of an application is CRUD. A single line of code in crud can generate the database application for performing various tasks like create update and delete operation. Furthermore, it can be customized based on a specific requirement of the business application.
- Innovative Ability: All the applications of CakePHP support unit testing and provides some essential details for the functionality of your application also it supports multi-talent resource for the enhancement of the knowledge.
- Model View Controller (MVC) Architecture: It is based on the MVC pattern for handling the query to the database. If the user wants to alter the information that is saved on the database, then CakePHP allows to perform various task like insert, delete and update the details which you have filled in your database.
- Easily Extendable: CakePHP allows you to reuse their codes by writing at one time and reuse their component or method more than a single page. Furthermore, CakePHP also provides some functionality that can be used in your application like helper, plugins, and behaviors for directly calling in your application.
- It provides a fast and easily changeable template by use of PHP syntax with helpers.
- Security, Session, and Request Handling Components: In CakePHP, there is a built-in function to protect your application is security and authentication. It allows you to protect your web application while performing CRUD operations in your database. Besides, this it also creates a session for the web site user, if the user has not been interacting with the site for the last few minutes, it automatically closes that page and send your response on the front page of the applications. Furthermore, it handles the request or loading the component in your application by calling the element in your controller.
CakePHP Tutorial Index
- Introduction of CakePHP
- Installation of CakePHP
- Overview and the Structure of CakePHP
- CakePHP Configuration
- View variable
- View Layout and Element
- Connection Manager
- Authentication in CakePHP
- Session in CakePHP