The applications of cloud computing are in almost every field like in business, entertainment, data storage, management, education, and art, etc.
Let’s discuss the most widely used cloud computing applications in detail:
- Business applications: – By incorporating various apps such as MailChimp, Chatter, Google Apps for Business, and QuickBooks, cloud computing has made businesses more collaborative and easier.
- Mailchimp: Mailchimp provides an e-mail publishing platform. It is mainly employed by the business for designing and sending their e-mail campaigns.
- Chatter:-Chatter app support the employee to share essential information related organization in real-time. One can get the immediate feedback regarding any issue.
- Google Apps for Business: – Google provides creating text documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. on Google Docs, which permits the business users to share them in a collaborative way.
- Quickbooks: – QuickBooks provides online accounting solutions for a business. It supports in monitoring cash flow, creating VAT returns, and creating business reports.
2) Data storage and backup: – Box.com, Mozy, Joukuu are the applications providing data storage and backup services in the cloud.
- Box.com:- box.com provides drag and drop services for files. The users are required to drop the files into the box and can access from anywhere.
- Mozy: – Mozy provides online backup service for files to secure data from data loss.
- Joukuu: – joukuu is a web-based interface. It permits to display a single list of contents for files stored in Google docs, box.net, and dropbox.
3) Management Applications: – There are various applications for management tasks such as time tracking, organizing notes, etc,. Application performing these types of tasks are discussed below.
- Toggle: – Toggle is helpful in tracking time period to a particular project.
- Evernote: – This organizes the sticky notes and can even read the text from images, allowing the user to quickly find the notes.
- Outright:– Outright is an accounting app. It helps to record income, expenses, profit, and losses in real- time.
5) Entertainment:- Cloud computing is also used in entertainment.
- Audio box.fm:- It provides streaming services. In this, the music files are stored online and can be played from cloud using own media player of the service.
6) Art: – An application of Arts is Moo:
- Moo: – It provides art services such as designing and printing business cards, postcards, and mini cards.