1) What is Django?
Django is an open source web framework. It is use to develop web application in python programming language. It makes easier to build better web applications quickly and with less code.
It has a tag line – “The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines”.
2) What does Django mean?
Django is named after Django Reinhardt, a gypsy Jazz guitarist from 1930 to 1950. He was known as one of the best guitarist of all time.
3) What are the features available in Django.
Features available in Django are
- Admin Interface (CRUD)
- Form Handling
- Session, user management, role-based permissions
- ORM (Object-relational mapping)
- Testing Framework
- Fantastic Documentation
4) Which architectural pattern does Django Follow.
It follows the MVC (Model View Control) architectural pattern.
5) Describe the architecture of Django.
Django is based in MVC architecture. It consist the following components:
Models: It describes the database schema and data structure.
Views: It is a user interface. The view retrieves data from appropriate models and pass it to the template.
Templates: It determines how the user sees it. It describes how the data received from the views should be changed or formated for display on the page.
Controller: It specifies the Django framework and URL parsing.
6) Why Django should be used for web-development.
- It allows to divide code module into logical groups to make it flexible to change.
- To easy the website administration, it provides auto-generated web admin module.
- It provides pre-packaged API for common user tasks.
- It enables to define what should be URL for given function.
- It enables to separate business logic from the HTML.
- Everything is written in python programming language.
7) How to create a project in Django.
To start a project in Django, use the following command .
$django-admin.py startproject javatpoint
After execcuting the above command, it will create a project that has following directory structure.
8) Is Django a high level web framework or low level framework?
Django is a high level Python’s web framework which was designed for rapid development and clean realistic design.
9) How we can setup static files in Django.
There are three main things required to set up static files in Django.
- Set STATIC_ROOT in setting.py.
- run manage.py.
- Set up a Static Files entry on the Python Anywhere web tab.
10) Which foundation manages Django web framework?
Django web framework is managed and maintained by an independent and non- profit organization named DSF (Django Software Foundation).
11) Is Django stable?
YES, Django is stable. Many companies like Disqus, Instagram, Pintrest and Mozilla has been using Django for many years.
12) How we can use file based sessions.
We have to set the SESSION_ENGINE settings to â€œdjango.contrib.sessions.backends.fileâ€ to use file based session.
13) What are the inheritance styles in Django.
In Django, there are three possible inheritance styles:
Abstract base classes- It is used, when we only want parent class to hold information that we don’t want to inherit for each child model.
Multi-table Inheritance- It is used, when we are sub-classing an existing model and need each model to have its own database table.
Proxy Model- We can use this model, when Python level behavior of the model modifies, without changing the model’s fields.
14) What does the Django field class types?
The Django field class types specify:
- The database column type.
- The default HTML widget to available while rendering a form field.
- The minimal validation requirements used in Django admin.
- Automatic generated forms.
15) What is some typical usage of middlewares in Django?
Following are the usage of middlewares in Django:
- Session management.
- Use authentication.
- Cross-site request forgery protection.
- Content Gzipping, etc.
16) What does Django templates consists of?
The template is a simple text file. It can create any text-based format like XML, CSV, HTML, etc.
A template contains variables that get replaced with values when the template is evaluated and tags (% tag %) that controls the logic of the template.
17) What command line is used to load data into Django?
The command line Django-admin.py loaddata is used to load data into Django.by