Applications of Computer Graphics
Some applications of computer graphics are mentioned below-
- Graphical User Interface (GUI): It is a way of interacting with a computer using the icon, menu, and other visual, graphics by which user easily interacts.
- Art: Computer Graphics provides a new way of making designs. Many artists and designers use illustrator, coral draw, Photoshop, adobe muse, and other types of applications for creating new designs.
- Entertainment: Computer graphics allow the user to make animated movies and games. Computer graphics are used to create scenes. Computer graphics are also used for special effects and animations.
- Presentations: Computer graphics are used for making charts, bar diagrams, and other images for the presentation purpose, with the graphical presentation the user, can easily understand the points.
- Engineering Drawings: Computer Graphics has also provided us the flexibility to make 3D models, house circuits and engineering drawings, etc. which is helpful for us.
- Education and Training: Computer graphics are also used to provide training to students with simulators. The students can learn about the machines without physically trying them.
- Medical Imaging: MRIs, CT scans, and other internal scans are possible because of computer graphics.
- Flight Simulator: Computer graphic is used to provide training to pilots of aircraft. The pilots give much time to a flight simulator on the ground instead of real airplanes.
- Printing Technology: Computer graphics are used in textile designing and flex printing.
- Typography: Use of character pictures to replace the rough form of the past in printing.
- Satellite Imaging: Computer graphics are used to forecast the movement of the cloud and to predict the weather.
- Cartography: Computer graphics are used in map drawing.
- CAD/CAM: CAD/CAM is also known as Computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing. CAD/CAM is used to design and build prototypes, finished products, and manufacturing processes.
Advantages of Computer graphics
Some important benefits of Computer graphics are:
- Increase Productivity
- Computer graphics give us tools for creating pictures of solid objects as well as of theoretical, engineered objects.
- Computer graphics also point out the moving images.
- The computer can store complex drawings and display complex pictures.
- Sound cards are used to make computers produce sound effects led to other uses of graphics.
Disadvantages of Computer graphics: Some problems with computer graphics are:
- Hardware characteristics and cost.
- Technical issues.
- Coupling issues (display-to-simulation).
- Define the motion.
- Structure of drawings (making the structure explicit).
- Hidden line removal.
- Program instrumentation and visualization.