What is Ionic?
The ionic framework requires native wrapper to operate on mobile devices. It concentrates on the front-end user’s knowledge or user interaction of apps. It is simple to learn and integrate with different libraries or frameworks like AngularJS and Apache Cordova.
Ionic with its latest version, is effective in performance with minimal DOM manipulation. Angular also plays an important role in increasing application ionic performance.
What is Ionic Framework?
Currently, the Ionic Framework has official support with Angular, but it is developing for Vue.js and React.js.
What are Progressive Web Apps (PWAs)?
The Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) are the web application that uses modern web capabilities to provide the user with an app-like experience. It looks like native applications. Progressive web apps perform certain requirements such that it can be easily deployed to servers, accessed through URLs, and indexed by search engines. The Ionic framework allows you to ship your app to not only the app store but also to deploy it as a PWA to the mobile application. The PWA apps optimize to be:
- Responsive: it is responsive to the mobile, tablet, iOS, and others.
- Linkable: It does not require the complex installation, and it can be easily shared via URL.
- Reliable: It loads fast and also provides offline functionality.
- Re-engageable: Re-engagement is made easy by apps such as push notifications.
Advantages of Ionic Framework
There are many advantages of the Ionic Framework. Some of them are as follow:
2. User Interface: It has many default CSS and JS components that cover most of the basic things you want to build in your mobile application.
3. Built on AngularJS: The ionic uses AngularJS, which offers many functionalities to the developers. It is a platform commonly used by developers. Using AngularJS allows Ionic to provide a stable structure that makes the code more functional. AngularJS, with the assistance of the Ionic architecture, facilitates the design of hybrid applications.
4. Feasible cross mobile app development: Developing an application at once is beneficial as it would be compatible with all mobile devices. It requires minimal use of time, resources, and energy, and it helps to give a cohesive look and feel.
Disadvantages of Ionic Framework
There are many disadvantages of the Ionic Framework. Some of them are as follow:
1. Security: The Ionic Framework is not secure for financial apps such as banking apps etc. It may not provide as much security as local applications.
2. Limited native functionality: There may be some native functions features that may not be present in the ionic framework library. You have to create the plugin yourself in that situation. There are several plugins present to cover native Functions.
3. Performance: The Performance of the Native Mobile App is higher than the Ionic App. In most cases, the performance difference is not noticeable.
4. Easy Adaptor Risk: Ionic technology is still in the development phase. It keeps changing its support and quality regularly, and its libraries can be completely modified at any time.
5. Not good for games: Ionic Framework is not supportable for high-graphics dependent apps or video games.
- Ionic Action Sheet
- Ionic Alert
- Ionic Buttons
- Ionic Cards
- Ionic Checkbox
- Ionic Chip
- Ionic Colors
- Ionic Content
- Ionic Datetime
- Ionic Fab Button
- Ionic Grid
- Ionic Input
- Ionic Infinite Scroll
- Ionic List
- Ionic Loading
- Ionic Menu
- Ionic Modal
- Ionic Popover
- Ionic Progress Bar
- Ionic Radio
- Ionic Range
- Ionic Refresher
- Ionic Reorder
- Ionic Segment
- Ionic Select
- Ionic Slide
- Ionic Spinner
- Ionic Tabs
- Ionic Toggle
- Ionic Toolbar
- Ionic Toast
Navigation and Routing
Ionic Advance Topics