Vue.js vs. AngularJS
What is Vue.js?
Evan You developed the Vue.js, who is an ex-employee of Google. The first version of Vue.js was launched in Feb 2014, and the last upgraded version (2.6) of Vue.js was released in Dec 2019. It was licensed under the MIT.
What is AngularJS?
Angular converts the static HTML into the dynamic HTML. It is mostly used by Forbes, Google, Instagram, WhatsApp, healthcare, etc.
Main Differences between Vue.js and AngularJS
Here, we are going to discuss the main differences between the Vue.js and AngularJS framework.
- Vue.js framework is useful for lightweight and single-page applications, whereas, AngularJS framework is a great option to build a big project.
- Vue.js and AngularJS frameworks are performing fast with a similar number on various benchmarks. So, the performance of Vue.js and AngularJS is the same in real-time.
- Vue.js uses the one-way data flow between the components. In contrast, AngularJS uses the two-way data binding between scopes, and we need to use third-party components to communicate with asynchronous services.
- In terms of design and API, AngularJS is a little complex than the Vue.js.
- Vue.js framework will take less than a day to develop a single-page application, whereas AngularJS will take more time to develop non-trivial applications.
- Vue.js mainly focus on the ViewModel, whereas AngularJS implements MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel) pattern, which provides more features to display the portion of data.
- Vue.js is a progressive framework used to build a single-page web application, whereas AngularJS is a web application framework used to build a web project.
Comparison between Vue.js and AngularJS
Here, we are going to make a comparison between Vue.js and AngularJS in tabular form.
|Basic for Comparison||Vue.js||AngularJS|
|Complexity||In terms of design and API, Vue.js is simpler, and it takes less than one day to build a non-trivial application.||In terms of design and API, AngularJS is a little complex than Vue.js, and it takes more time to develop a non-trivial application.|
|Compatibility||It is good with backward compatibility.||Projects built-in AngularJS due to core differences cannot be converted to Angular 2.|
|TypeScript||Using the CDN library, coding can be done anywhere in a code pen.||To begin with Angular, users need to have a basic understanding of TypeScript.|
|Flexibility||It can be merged easily with other projects without any issues.||It is not easy to start working with other existing projects.|
|Data Binding||Vue.js uses the one-way data flow between the components that makes data flow easier, and it helps to develop a non-trivial application very quickly. We can use the libraries if we want to connect with asynchronous services.||AngularJS uses two-way data binding, but when we want to be connected to asynchronous services, we need to use components developed by third parties to integrate with the application.|
|Performance||The performance of Vue.js is faster and lighter than Angular.||The performance of AngularJS is fast and decent for front-end development.|