It was created by Brendan Eich at Netscape in 1995.
It is used to create interactive websites. It is mostly used for:
- Client-side validation.
- It has Dynamic drop-down menus.
- It Displaying date and time.
- Validate user input in HTML form before sending the data to a server.
- Build forms that respond to user input without accessing a server.
- Open and close new windows or frames.
- Displaying popup windows and dialog boxes.(like alert dialog box, confirm dialog box prompt dialog box)
- Build small but complete client side programs.
- Displaying clocks etc.
- Mobile application and game development.
- It is case sensitive language.
- It is light weighted.
- It provides conditional checking, loops and branching facilities that can be executed in a web pages.
JavaScirpt Tutorial Index