1) What is Drupal?
Drupal is an open source CMS (Content Management System) framework. It is written in php and provides rich set of tools to create web sites.
2) What are the features of Drupal?
There are following features of Drupal:
- It is purely a building tool.
- It is highly configurable.
- It support for feature sets (bundles)
- Automatic packaging.
- Interoperability build in.
3) Is Drupal is considered as powerful CMS, in compare to other CMS?
Yes, Drupal is powerful CMS in compare to other CMS. It allows to create multiple content types. There are no required to any programming skills and we can also customize theme template, articles, story, slideshow and many more.
4) What are system requirements for installation in Drupal?
In Drupal, system requirements for installation are:
- Web server: Apache, Nginx, or Microsoft IIS
- Database: MySQL 5.5.3/MariaDB 5.5.20/Percona Server 5.5.8 or higher with PDO and an InnoDB-compatible primary storage engine, PostgreSQL 9.1.2 or higher with PDO, SQLite 3.6.8 or higher
- PHP 5.5.9 or higher
- PHP Memory: 60 MB
5) How does caching work in Drupal?
In Drupal, cashing allows to speed up website. It provides different configuration like page caching, block caching and lifetime for cached pages.
- Page Caching: It enables to store all the HTML pages into the database. It reduces the amount of queries needed.
- Block Caching: When block cashing is created by views, we can set the block cache setting.
- Minimum cache lifetime: It is the amount of time before the page cache is cleared. On each cron run, page caches are cleared.
- Expiration of cached pages: It only applies for an external mechanism, for example: our browser cache or varnish.
6) What is PDO in Drupal?
In Drupal, PDO stands for PHP Data Object. It is easy way to access databases. It facilitates developers to write portable code.
7) What are the various CMS used PHP ?
There are various CMS that use PHP:
8) What are the modules used in Drupal?
There are various modules used in Drupal:
9) How can we optimize the Drupal websites?
We can optimize the Drupal Websites by following the below steps:
- Compress CSS files
- Enable Page Caching
- Js Aggregation
- Moving Media Files and Static files to a CDN
- Optimize Images Size and Their Number
- Theme Optimization
10) What is cron in Drupal?
In Drupal, crone helps to execute commands or scripts automatically at specified time and date.
11) What are the required file for theme and module in Drupal?
Drupal uses .info files
which store metadata about themes and modules.
The required files and modules are given below:
- Theme: style.css , page.tpl.php , template.php, block.tpl.php
- Module: modulename.info , modulename.module , optional modulename.install
12) What are the translations languages available in Drupal?
There are the some various translation languages availabe in Drupal like :
13) What are available SEO modules in Drupal?
There are various SEO modules available in Drupal :
- Meta tags/ Node words
- Service Links
- Google Analytics
- Related Links
- Search 404
- Site map
- Url list
14) What is DRUSH in Drupal?
In Drupal, DRUSH is a command line shell and UNIX scripting interface.
15) What are the databases suported by Drupal?
Drupal supports various database that are given below:
- PostgreSQL etc.
16) What are the five conceptual layers in Drupal system?
- Data (nodes, etc)
- Blocks and menus
- User permissions
- Themes and templates
17) How can we set the region in drupal theme?
In Drupal, we can set the regions in themename.info file.
regions[header] = Header
regions[content_header] = Content Header
regions[content] = Content
regions[sidebar_second] = Right sidebar
18) What is Drupal error handling?
Drupal error handling is a process to detect and find the errors.
19) What is the use of People menu?
People menu is used to create a new account or manage the existing user.
20) What is Drupal blocks?
Drupal block is use used to organize our content of our website.
21) Who is the original author of Drupal?
is the original author of Drupal.
22) What is the stable version of Drupal?
The stable version of Drupal is 8.3.7.
23) What is the use of Sections module in Drupal?
The Section module is used to apply different themes to different pages in a Drupal site.
24) What is CMS?
CMS stands for Contain Management System. It is a software that store all the data of the content (such as text, photo, music, document etc).
25) What are the web Server supported by Drupal?
There are various given web server supported by Drupal.
- WAMP (Windows)
- LAMP (Linux)
- XAMP (Multi-platform)
- MAMP (Macintosh)
- Microsoft IIS
26) What are the contains of an architecture in Drupal?
There are six contains of an architecture in Drupal:
- Web Server
27) What is the by default theme while installing Drupal?
28) What are hooks in Drupal?
In Drupal, Hooks are API code that allows modules to interact with Drupal core.
29) What is template.php in Drupal?
In Drupal, template.php
file allow to override a theme function.
30) What is Internationalization in Drupal?
In Drupal, Internationalization is a module that used to create multilingual.