1) What is REST?
REST is web standards based architecture and stands for RE
ransfer. It uses HTTP Protocol for data communication. Here, everything is a resource.
2) What are the HTTP methods used in REST based architecture?
HTTP methods used in REST based architecture are:
3) Who is the inventor of RESTful Web Services?
REST is introduced by Roy Fielding.
4) Which framework implements JAX-RS 2.0 API in REST?
5) Which annotation is used to specify a path for the web service?
is used to specify a path for the web service.
6) What is a Resource?
A resource is an entity in the database and similar to object in Object Oriented Programming.
It is a unique URL with representation of an object.
7) Which markup language can be used in restful web API?
SON and XML.
8) What are the advantages of Web Services?
Advantages of Web Services are:
Easy to deploy and integrate
Multiple service versions can be running at same time
9) What are different types of Web Services?
Two types of Web Services are:
SOAP Web Services
RESTful Web Services
10) What is the difference between SOAP and RESTful Web Services?
Difference between SOAP and RESTful Web Services are:
|SOAP Web Services
||RESTful Web Services
|It is a standard protocol for creating web services
||It is an architectural style to create web services
|Stands for Simple Object Access Protocol
||Stands for REpresentational State Transfer
|Supports XML data format only
||Supports any data format such as XML, JSON etc
|Web Services are bind with WSDL contract
||Doesn't have any contract
11) What are the benefits of Statelessness?
Benefits of Statelessness are:
- Here, each method request is independently treated by Web Services.
- Here, Client's previous interactions not need to be maintain by Web Services.
- HTTP is statelessness protocol, RESTful Web Services work with the HTTP protocols.
12) What are the frameworks available to implement RESTful Web Services?
Frameworks available to implement RESTful Web Services are:
13) What are the tools required to test Web API?
Tools required to test Web API are:
- SOAPUI tool for SOAP Web Services
- Firefox poster plugin for RESTful Web Services
14) What is WSDL?
It is an XML format which is used for describing web services.
WSDL stands for Web Services Description Language.
15) What is JAX-WS?
It is a set of APIs which is used for creating web services in XML format.