Most Frequently asked SEO Interview Questions and Answers for Fresher and Experienced
1) What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is a set of processes followed by website owners to optimize their website for search engine. It helps to improve their websites ranking with increase number of visitors.
2) Who does perform SEO?
SEO executives. They need a wide range of skills like Webmaster, Website optimization techniques, Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Digital marketing etc.
3) What are the basic tools required for SEO?
SEO requires the following tools.
- Google analytics
- keyword planner
- Google webmaster tools
- Website grader
4) Define On page and Off page SEO.
On page SEO
is the act of optimizing different parts of our website that affect our search engine rankings.
Off page SEO
is a technique used to improve the position of website in search engine result pages.
5) Define Some Off page SEO techniques.
Following are the Off page SEO techniques:
- Content Posting
- Social networking
- Articles Posting
- Blog Posting
- Press Release
- Link popularity
6) What are the social media channels used for marketing?
Social media channels are used for marketing are:
- You Tube
7) What is Google Sandbox?
Google Sandbox is an area where Google holds new websites, those with duplicate content and need to wait until they can not be displayed on the search result.
8) What is the use of anchor tag in SEO?
Anchor tag is visible, clickable text in hyper link.
9) What is Blog?
Blog is an online journal. It can be created by an individual or a group of people. It is used to provide information over the network.
10) What are some techniques of Black hat SEO?
Some Black hat SEO techniques are as follows:
- Hidden content.
- Doorway pages.
- Content Automation.
- Link Farming.
11) Which types of websites are good for SEO purpose?
The following types of websites are good for SEO:
- Proper URL Structure.
- Simple and Descriptive Navigation.
- Responsive Design.
- Social media integration.
- Properly Optimized Images.
12) What is webmaster tool in SEO?
Webmaster tool is a free service by Google which provides many features such as search queries, links to our site, crawl errors, keywords, robots.txt, indexed urls, sitemaps etc.
13) What is Spider?
Spider is a program that visits websites, read web pages and other information. It creates entries for search engine index.
14) Why title tag is valuable?
Title tag is important for page optimization. In search engine like Google, they search keyword and if our site title tag is not according to site content then it is hard to find our site through search engine.
15) What is cloaking?
Cloaking is a SEO technique in which the content presented to the user is different from that presented to search engine crawlers for better indexing.
16) Is HTML case-sensitive?
HTML is not case-sensitive language. <HTML> or <html> both are treated as same in the browser.
17) What is the difference between SEO and SEM?
SEO is about optimizing your website to get better ranking in the search result.
SEM is about marketing process with a goal of getting more visibility in search engine.
18) Does Google use the keyword meta tag?
No, Google does not use keyword meta tag.
19) What are the tools used in SEO?
List of tools which are used in SEO:
- Google webmaster tools + Bing webmaster tools.
- Open site Explorer.
- Google keyword planner.
- Website grader.
- Seo Site Checkup etc.
20) What are the limitations of title and description tags?
The limitations of title tags are 50 to 60 characters and description tags 150 to 170 characters.
21) How would you increase the pagerank of a page?
Pagerank of a page can be increased by creating more backlinks and update contents regularly.
22) What do you mean by 301redirect?
Redirection is the process of forwarding one URL to different URL. 301redirect is use to redirect its user and search engine to its latest version from its old versions.
23) What method should we use to decrease the loading time of website?
We should follow these methods to decrease the loading time of website:-
- Optimize Images.
- Browser Caching.
- Optimize CSS.
24) What is the main usage of search engine spiders?
Spiders are mainly used to crawl a website and index the site in database of the search engines for getting quick access.
25) How would we maximize the frequency of crawling of our website by search engines?
Frequent addition of new, original and quality content on the website would help maximize the frequency of crawling of our website.
26) What is robot.txt?
Robot.txt is a text file which is used to provide instructions about the website to web robots and spiders.