1) Describe SQL Server?
SQL server is a DataBase Management System developed by Microsoft. It was first introduced in year 2008 since, then many version has been introduced such as : SQL Server 2008
SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2016.
2) Enlist different editions of SQL Server.
Mainstream Edition are
- Business Intelligence
- Specialised Edition
- Fast track
3) What are the different authentication modes in SQL server.
SQL server consist of two modes
4) What is the default port of SQL server and how can we change?
Default port is 1433 and we can change it from Network Utility Properties.
5) How many types of Index Configuration a table can have.
Clustered Index with many non-clustered index
Many Non-clustered index
6) Enlist different types of Collation Sensitivity.
- Case Sensitivity
- Accent Sensitivity
- Width Sensitivity
7) Define Standby Server.
Standby server are those server which comes online when our Primary Server goes offline due to some error. Yet application should be running properly need some server called as standby server.
8) Enlist the type of Standby server.
- Hot standby- In this primary and secondary backup server run simultaneously due to which secondary server is also have real time data updation.
- Warm standby- In this secondary server runs in background of primary server and update database at time intervals.
- Cold standby- Backup server is only called when primary server fails.
9) Enlist some SQL server addon services.
10) What is CHECK Constraint?
CHECK Constraint provide integrity to the SQL server. It limits the value that can be placed in the column of the database.
11) Give some DBCC comaand and its use?
DBCC (DataBase Consistency Checker) as the name suggest it checks whether there is consistency inside database through following commands.
- DBCC CHECKDB : It ensures table in Database and Indexes are correctly linked.
- DBCC CHECKALLOC: It checks allocation of different pages.
- DBCC CHECKFILEGROUP: It checks for the damage in file group.
12) What is SQL Profiler?
It is a tool which allows administrator to monitor different event in SQL. Basically, it is used to capture and save data about each event for analysis.
13) Write a SQL query to return first non-null expression within the argument.
Select COALESCE(empno, empname, salary) from employee;
14) What is an Server Agent.
It consist of full-function scheduling engine which helps in scheduling of our own jobs and scripts.
15) Enlist the different types of replication in SQL Server.
- Snapshot replication
- Transnational replication
- Merge replication