1) What is XML?
XML (eXtensible Markup Language) is designed to transport and store data. It has user executive tags i.e. no pre-defined tags used as in HTML. This language is considered as universal language for data on web.
2) Describe version tag in XML.
This tag declares the version of XML document as document and platform show know its version on which they are running.
3) List all features of XML.
- Simple to learn and implement.
- Set of rules is limited.
- Editing is very easy as in text format.
- Extensible as no pre-defined tags.
4) Define DOM and SAX in XML.
DOM : DOM (Document Object Model) is root of the document tree as it describes the logical structure of XML Document.
SAX : SAX (Simple API for XML) is a sequential access parser i.e. it reads the file line by line.
5) Describe XSNL.
XSNL (XML Search Neutral Language) is an intermediate between Meta search interface and targeted system.
6) List the rules for Well Formed XML Document.
- Tags used should be nested.
- All tags should be closed.
- XML is case sensitive so all closing tag should match exactly.
- Only one root tag.
7) Define Valid XML Document?
If a XML document follows pre-defined rules i.e. document is structurally correct known as valid XML document.
8) What is DTD?
DTD (Document Type Definition) is defined to build legal building blocks where name of element, proper nesting, and attributes of element is defined.
9) Define the process to apply DTD to an XML Document.
- By making separate document and refer it to XML document.
- By using within XML document.
10) Define XSL?
XSL (Extensible Style sheet Language) is for expressing style sheet. It is similar to CSS that is used to describe how to display XML document.
11) Is XML or HTML similar?
No, XML describe data where as HTML display data.
12) Define element and attribute in HTML.
Element tag: all the tag that we see from start to end tag in XML Document
Attribute tag: is the value that provides additional information about the element tag.
13) Define Simple and Complex element.
Simple element contains only text and has no attribute and also cannot be left empty.
Complex Element may contain both element and attribute and can contain empty element.
14) Define XLink and XPointer.
XLink is a method to create a hyperlink in XML file where as when those links are pointed towards particular part in XML document known as XPointer.
15) Differentiate between CDATA and PCDATA?
CDATA is unparsed character data which cannot be parsed by XML parser.
<![CDATA[" end with "]]>".
PCDATA is parsed character data and it is parsed by XML parser.