Advantages and Disadvantages of Selenium-IDE
Advantages of Selenium IDE:
- UI based record and playback tool.
- Easy to understand & developed a test script.
- Selenium-IDE test script export into web driver code & Selenium–RC
- It is very easy to install and use.
- No programming experience is required to use Selenium IDE.
- Selenium-IDE has built-in help feature, and they show the documentation on the selected or entered command.
- It helps us in debugging by displaying the information and error messages.
- It provides excellent support for extensions.
Disadvantage of Selenium IDE:
- It supports only Firefox browser because it implements as a plug-in for Firefox.
- It cannot launch new browser and run the test script (it work with existing browser only)
- It supports only the html language.
- Parameterization is not possible.
- Reading from the external file and run the test script is called parameterization.
- Can be used only with a simple application, cannot be applied to develop Ajax application.
- It is an asynchronous java framework which is used to create dynamic applications like-facebook.com, BBC.com
- Looping and conditional statements are not allowed.
- Selenium IDE does not support error handling and database testing.
- Selenium IDE cannot be used in iPhone and Android applications testing.
- Selenium IDE does not support iterations and conditional operations.