Characteristics of Selenium WebDriver
Some of the essential characteristics of Selenium WebDriver are as follows:
Multiple Operating System Support
Selenium Webdriver supports multiple operating systems like:
- Desktop OS: Window, Linux, and macOS
- Mobile OS: iOS, Android
Multiple Browser Support:
- WebDriver supports several ranges of web browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, and many more.
- It also helps some of the non-conventional or rare browsers like the HTML Unit.
Multiple Languages Support
- So, the user can choose any one of the supported programming languages based on his/her interest and knowledge and start writing their test scripts in the selected programming language.
- WebDriver supports the secure application because it doesn't require any intermediate server to communicate with the browser.
- WebDriver execution is faster as compared to other tools of Selenium Suite.
The commands are used to implement the actions on the browser in Selenium WebDriver.
To launch a browser in WebDriver, following commands are used:
|Firefox browser||WebDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver();|
|Microsoft edge browser||WebDriver driver=new EdgeDriver();|
|Chrome browser||WebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver();|
|Internet Explorer browser||WebDriver driver = new InternetExplorerDriver();|
Selenium WebDriver-Methods and Classes
- WebDriver implements multiple solutions while working with some significant challenges at the time of automation testing.
- WebDriver also supports window handling, which includes complex types of web elements such as checkboxes, dropdowns, mouse and keyboard control, alerts through dynamic finders, and file uploading.