Link textlocator is used to identify only the weblink element based on the name of the link.
Whenever multiple links are there, it will not work; it will work only for one link (current page HTML Document).
- For other than link element, link text is not valid.
- When duplicate present in UI link text locator is not correct.
For our testing purpose, we are locating the business link present in the Google search page
- Open the Firefox browser
- Click on the Selenium icon, and it will open the Selenium IDE interface.
- Click on the star recording button, and enter the base URL is https:/ /www.google.com/.
- Click on the command text box and write the first command as:-
Command: o pen
- This command loads the Google page on the Firefox browser.
- After that right-click on the insert new command in selenium IDE interface and write the next command as:
Command: verify element present
- Now, click on the stop recording button.
And click on the Run Current Test button.
- It will execute all of your inserted commands on the browser.
- The Log pane is displaying the overall summary of the executed test scripts.
- After that, click on the Find button to verify that the link is highlighted in the browser or not.
- And you can see the results in the Brower as well.