JEE Full Form
Many of us have chosen engineering courses while we were in 11th standard. The main aim why one chooses engineering is to qualify for the JEE exams. Now, what are JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams? And what does JEE mean? Well, JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. The JEE exam is an entrance examination that is conducted for admission to engineering colleges. JEE Main is a computer-based online test that is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). This exam is conducted for students who wish to apply for engineering programs.
JEE Main is conducted in two phases or sessions, and a candidate can take the exam either in January or April. Discussing the JEE Main exam, it consists of two papers, i.e., Paper-1 and Paper-2. The exams are conducted in the MCQ format.
Paper-1 is conducted to provide admission into B.Tech/B.E courses. Paper-2 is conducted to provide admission in courses like B.Arch and B.Planning courses. Both the papers are conducted in an online mode. But there is a 'Drawing Test' in Paper-2, which may be conducted offline. Paper-1 is of three hours and consists of thirty different decision questions containing three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Maths).
Now, let us discuss some historical points and facts regarding JEE Mains and JEE Advanced Exam in detail.
- The exam structures of JEE has undergone some crucial changes. For instance, in 2010, Rajeev Kumar by IIT Kharagpur initiated the change by providing answer copies to the students. At this point, the cut-offs were also declared.
- As a result, Rajeev Kumar was nominated for the RTI award for initiating the change.
- From 2013-14, JEE has presented itself on an online mode, i.e., the application process, selection process and the result announcement have been taking place on the online platform. The admission process was done offline in earlier times, which was often tiresome and troublesome for the students.
- Well, it is interesting to know that JEE has replaced both AIEEE and IIT-JEE. JEE Mains has replaced AIEEE that is the students give to gain admission in NIT (National Institute of Technology) and IIT (Institute of Information Technology). JEE Advanced has replaced IIT-JEE that is given to gain admission only in IITs.
- The students who have passed the JEE Mains exam are eligible for appearing in the JEE Advanced exam.
These are some facts and points regarding the JEE exams. Students often get confused between NEET and JEE. It is important to note that medical students give NEET and JEE is given by the students who have opted for engineering and related courses. Now, let us look at some of the important books and exam material that the students will require to prepare for the JEE exams.
- SHM & Waves,
- Heat & Thermodynamics
- Modern physics
- Mechanics and
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry -1
- Physical Chemistry -2
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Matrix & Determinants
- Coordinate Geometry
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Calculus
- Quadratic Equation
- Sets, Relations & Functions
- Permutations & Combinations
- Solution of Triangle
- Part I
- Awareness of people, places and buildings
- Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings
- Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical & Verbal)
- Part II – Three Dimensional- Perception.
- Scale and proportion of objects
- Building forms and elements
- Designing and drawing geometrical & abstract shapes
- Transformation of 2D and 3D union
- Development of Surfaces and Volumes
- Elevation and 3D views of subjects
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape and landscape
These are some of the study material topics that will help the students achieve good marks. It is interesting to note that JEE is an online exam in which the student has to clear both paper-1 and paper-2. Students who wish to give JEE mains have three years to qualify for the exam. On the other hand, the students who wish to give JEE Advanced exam have only two years to qualify for the exam. So, the students are advised to prepare in a certain way if they want to get admission to NIT or IIT. Thus, JEE is one of the most important engineering exams that help students have a promising career and good job opportunities.