Full Form of NDA
NDA Full Form
We might have come across the term NDA. NDA has many meanings. Out of all these forms, there are two primary forms that we will talk about. The first full form of NDA is National Democratic Alliance. Well, National Democratic Alliance is defined as the political alliance led by some of the major parties.
The BJP ( Bhartiya Janata Party) heads the coalition. BJP was founded in the year 1998 and had the responsibility of controlling the union government. Moreover, BJP also directs the state government of 18 states. Now, let’s brush up on the history of the BJP.
- The first chairman of the Bhartiya Janata Party was Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Then the Deputy Prime Minister took over as the chairman. In the present era, Amit Shah has been the chairman of BJP since 2014.
- In the year 1998, when BJP was established, there were only three parties that supported BJP. One of these parties was Shiv Sena. But BJP was collapsed as it did not get any further support.
- BJP won the elections in the year 1999. Thus, BJP was established thereby, having Atal Bihari Vajpayee as the former Prime Minister.
- In the year 2004, NDA took an initiative to enhance the economic condition of the country. The project was called ‘India Shining.’ But the NDA was defeated by 156 seats. As a result, Manmohan Singh became the Prime Minister.
So, these are some historical points regarding NDA. Well, it is interesting to note that the NDA does not follow a prescribed structure. The ministers working under NDA are responsible for making decisions for the betterment of the people. Therefore, there is no prescribed structure followed by NDA. Now, let us take a look at the regional parties that partnered with NDA.
- Shiv Sena
- All India NR Congress
- Shiromani Akali Dal
- Apna Dal
- Swabhimani Paksh
- Telugu Party
- Lok Janshakti Party
Apart from these parties, many other parties were the cause of failure for the BJP. These parties are Jana Sena, Janhit Congress, Kerala Congress, Manipur People’s Party, etc. these parties were also not able to win the elections and enter the Lok Sabha. So, these are some of the crucial points regarding the National Democratic Alliance.
Now, let us come to the second most popular full form of NDA. NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The National Defence Academy is an academy that teaches its students about defence services. The individuals are trained to perform three kinds of services. These services are:
- Indian Military Services
- Indian Naval Services
- Indian Air Force Services
The academy is located in Pune. It is interesting to know that the NDA has produced around 30 chief staff of the army to date. Now, let us look at some historical points about the National Defence Academy.
- After the independence, the Government of India implemented specific rules and regulations which stated the establishment of the defence academy. The first academy that provided training to the cadets was called the JSW (Joint Services Wing).
- The Government made sure that the cadets spend their two years in the JSW. After the Joint Services Wing training, the cadets were shifted to the Indian Military Academy for further training.
- On the other hand, the cadets who are getting the Air force and Navy training were sent to the Royal Naval College and Royal Air Force College for further training.
These are some of the NDA’s historical points. Well, it is interesting to note that the basic pay of a cadet ranges from Rs. 56,000/- to Rs. 1,77,000/-. Now, let us discuss the Squadrons and Battalions that the cadets join. There are 18 Squadrons allotted to the cadets. There are a total of five groups containing 4-5 Battalions.
- The first battalion consists of four squadrons, i.e., Alpha, Charlie, Bravo, and Delta.
- The second battalion consists of four squadrons, i.e., Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, and Hunter.
- The third battalion consists of four squadrons, i.e., India, Juliet, Kilo, and Lima.
- The fourth battalion consists of four squadrons, i.e., Mike, November, Oscar, and Panther.
- The fifth battalion consists of two squadrons, i.e., Quebec and Romeo.
The points mentioned above are some information regarding the National Defence Academy.
Both the full forms of NDA carry distinctive meanings. The National Defence Academy, as well as the National Democratic Alliance, is equally important. Thus, one purpose depicts the civil services while the other represents the political services for the betterment of people.