Teacher word doesn't have a full form, but it is rather a word in itself. Teacher refers to the person; it is a designation of a person teaching in school.
- Teacher mainly implies to teaching someone, he or she can teach us anything, it can be a subject, skill or art. Any person teaching someone is known as the teacher.
- The teacher imparts education to the students, in schools, colleges, universities, and nowadays in private institutions or online also.
- The teacher is an individual who has the ability, skills to teach you and help you overcome real-world challenges. It is the most renowned and esteemed profession in the entire world.
To become a teacher, it is essential to have specific qualifications. Teaching in an educational institution in India, be it in a public or private establishment.
- The candidate should surely have a bachelor's degree. In the majority of the instances, a master's degree with specific degrees, such as JRF, NET, Ph.D., B.Ed, BTC, etc., is essential.
- Also, it is important to mention that a person must obtain a master's degree in engineering in a specific discipline or industry along with a bachelor's or B.ED in order to teach Engineering students.
In India, since 1962, September 5 has been a day of celebration for the teachers as Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan's birthday celebrated in the form of teacher's day.
- Teachers are people who help students gain experience, knowledge, ability, expertise, and morality.
- The duties of teachers usually are far from just basic standardised teaching. Extracurricular teachers have the responsibility of students on trips, lead courses, help with homework, perform their tasks efficiently and act as supervisors of extracurricular tasks and help candidates grow as moral, fair, and ethical students/people.
- In some educational institutions, teachers may be responsible for student discipline.
The most common type of training or educational system in ancient India is gurukula, which has its roots embedded in the Guru shishya tradition. As per this tradition, the disciple and the Guru lived in the same place or even the same home, or in some cases in the neighbourhood.
- These gurukulams are supported by charities from various governmental institutions, and the gurus or the teachers never asked for the fees or the shishya's fees.
- Before the British came and invaded India, this beautiful tradition and system or plan had always been the most famous and distinguished formation on the Indian subcontinent.
- In 1886 and 1948, after vigorous efforts, the Guru Kula system was revived in India. The activities, functions, and responsibilities are clearly mentioned in the current or modern educational scheme.
- The CENTA standard describes the skills that a successful teacher must possess. The educational establishments make sure to keep searching for qualified teachers in all grades.
- Teachers are directly appointed from private universities and public schools through qualification examinations.
The qualities of being a teacher
To become a teacher, the candidate must possess two must-have qualities.
- Enthusiasm: Enthusiastic educators are trained professionals, and course participants can gain valuable teaching experience. They put a fresh air of energy and motivation amongst the students. They re-direct the of the students energy in the correct path and create more valuable students.
- Interaction with students: Studies have shown that students' positive, inspirational outlook and optimistic attitudes in the classroom are closely related to teacher-student interaction.
As pointed out above that Teacher is not short form of anyword, so there is no complete form of it. However, some fans have fully expressed their respect, admiration, and love for the teachers. These full forms are also a creative way of expression.
The following is a complete list of some popular teacher's full form:
- Teacher: Talented, educated, Admirable, charming, helpful, encouraging, responsible
- Teacher: Talented, educated, Adorable, harmonious personality, efficient and reliable
- Teacher: Well-trained/punctual, efficient, competent, happy, humble/honest, energetic, Imaginative,
- Teacher: Truly exemplary, Amazing, capable/ creative, helpful/ Humble, Energetic, Respectful
- Teacher: Talented Educated Amazing Cheerful Helpful Efficient Respectful
- Teacher: Talented Eminent Admirable Charismatic Humble Encouraging Reliable
- Teacher: Trained Eligible Amicable Caring Honest Efficious Reliable
- Teacher: Truthful ExtraordinaryAdorable Creative Helpful Enthusiast Role-model
- Teacher: Tactful Enthusiastic Angelically Character HonestEfficient Resourceful
Skills required for teaching – Some crucial Qualities
Along with the expert subject knowledge, teachers should also have some more crucial characteristics. Some of these include;
- Be willing to share your understanding with others; He/ she must have an element of willingness to communicate, impart skills and expertise.
- Even if you feel tired and stressed, a teacher needs to be confident to appear serene, happy, and professional.
- A teacher must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have the ability and efficiency to work seamlessly in groups.
- Teachers must be able to motivate students, encourage them to perform better, and keep the fire of performing alive in the students.
- A teacher should also have the characteristic of identifying, then highlighting the qualities of the student; this can vary from student to student.