Bjarne Stroustrup created the all-purpose object-oriented programming language C++. To develop C++ programs, there are various Integrated Development Environments (IDE) that offer prewritten code templates. These programs automatically modify the code's indent and format.
1. C++ Builder
The full-featured C++ IDE, C++Builder allows you to create Windows applications five times faster than other IDEs. The extensive libraries and rich visual frameworks are to blame for this. With C++Builder, prototyping, developing, and shipping are simple.
- It supports you all through the entire development lifecycle and gives you a single source codebase that is simple to recompile and redeploy..
- Including items like Boost and SDL2 in the C++Builder package manager, an improved Clang-based compiler, Dinkumware STL, and many more.
- MS Build, CMake, and Ninja support provide easy integration with continuous build configurations, whether working alone or in a team.
- You can connect natively to about twenty databases using FireDAC's high-speed direct access, including MariaDB, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, and others.
- Features the highly effective Fire Monkey (FMX) framework for cross-platform UIs and the prestigious VCL framework for high-performance native Windows programs.
2. Visual Studio Code
Microsoft created the open-source code editor known as Visual Studio Code. One of the most significant C++ IDEs, it offers intelligent code completion based on the types of variables, necessary modules, and function definitions.
- One of the most significant C++ development environments for Windows supports the Git version management system.
- Operating systems for Windows and Mac can both use Visual Studio Code.
- It offers the best C++ compiler, and you can easily manage numerous versions of a single program.
Eclipse is a C++ website development tool. You may debug the program with this tool.
- This online IDE tool performs syntax validation automatically.
- Eclipse gives you the option of remote project management.
- It is compatible with operating systems like Windows, Linux, and OS X.
- The Make file produced by this C++ programming tool offers instructions on constructing your C++ program.
- It offers prewritten code templates.
CodeLite is an open-source C++ programming tool. It is one of the most significant C++ IDEs for code reworking.
- Syntax colouring can be changed.
- Using a tree view, this online IDE tool makes it simple to find files.
- One of the greatest IDEs for C and C++ programming, it features a command palette with capabilities for sorting, modifying syntax, and other things.
Atom is a straightforward editor for C++ programming.
- The most acceptable C++ editor with an integrated package manager is this one.
- This C++ editor program supports editing on various platforms.
- It provides a command palette with frequently used objects on it.
JetBrains is the company behind the tool CLion. With its aid, you can quickly fix application bugs. You may quickly evaluate the performance of your program using this IDE for C++.
- Your software can be efficiently run and debugged.
- You can test specific pieces of source code.
- Concurrent Versions System (CVS) and TFS integration are possible with CLion (Team Foundation Server).
- The editor can be modified in whatever you'd like.
A Unix-based program called Emacs has a feature that enables substantial customization. This is the most sophisticated C++ IDE for Mac that supports syntax colouring. Operating systems including GNU, Windows, and Mac can all run this program.
- It is one of the most excellent C++ editors that support several human scripts using Unicode.
- It offers a packaging method for downloading and installing various extensions.
- This application can be altered using the Emacs Lisp code.
- Complete built-in documentation is available with Emacs.
- For first-time users, this software provides a tutorial.
A code editor for Windows is called Notepad++. This C++ IDE tool emphasizes keywords and syntax. Working with multiple open files in a single window is beneficial.
- The C++ program's brackets are highlighted.
- The screen can be zoomed in or out.
- Recording and playing back of macros (automatic expandable instructions) is possible.
- GUI can be modified.
- One of the most incredible editors for C++ that supports a multilingual environment is this one.
NetBeans is an integrated development environment (IDE) for writing C++ programs. One of the top C++ IDEs for Windows offers a project pane that displays a list of active projects.
- Breakpoints for variables, functions, and other types of code can be set and viewed in the Breakpoints Window.
- The code is formatted, and the indent is adjusted automatically.
- The C++ class's structure is clear to see.
- The variables and keywords in your C++ program are highlighted by this tool.
- The brackets are automatically finished by it.
Codeblocks is an open-source IDE for writing C++ programs. It is one of the most significant C++ development environments for Mac that supports GCC (GNU Compiler Collection), Visual C++, etc. This application is compatible with Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- One of the most excellent C++ compilers and a workspace are provide by this editor, making it simple to integrate many projects.
- The code in Codeblocks is automatically finished by a feature.
- You can work on multiple projects at once.
- It enables you to create comprehensive breakpoint conditions (stop code execution if the expression is true).
- Multiple programs can be switched between with ease.
- One of the free C++ IDE apps that offer a tabbed interface is this one.
Develop is one of the top C++ IDEs for developers. You can migrate a variable declaration to the new syntax using it. It is one of the best C++ IDEs for uninitialized inconsistent detection.
- Using a global namespace improves code readability (a name representing one entity)
- This program has a template view that shows specific template data.
- You can use it to analyze and improve the code.
- Develop supports the Ctylechecker plugin to discover program errors.
For C++ developers, Kdevelop is an open-source integrated development environment. This software works with several operating systems, including Windows, Linux, macOS, and Solaris.
- It is one of the unique programming environments for C and C++ that supports OpenCL (Open Computing Language).
- You can skip to the code for declaration and definition.
- You may rapidly search for any function or class with the aid of Kdevelop.
- It might draw attention to code that has multiple uses and meanings.
- One of the most excellent C++ compilers is offered by this tool's C++ editor, which can also highlight repeated instances of a variable in a specific colour.
- This tool allows users to assign shortcuts to each operation.
- This tool supports versioning systems like Svn, CVS, Perforce, and others.
A cross-platform IDE for writing in the program is called SlickEdit. It is one of the best C++ editors and supports more than sixty languages. This C+ technique allows for rapid loading of large files.
- It is possible to alter menu items.
- You can use it to open a file without having to type a path.
- Simple to integrate CVS, Subversion, etc.
- Expanding a typical block structure is possible.
- When code is pasted, SlickEdit may format it automatically.
- Multi-platform GUI dialogue boxes can be made.
- After some inactivity, this C++ editor program automatically saves the file.
Graviton is a user-friendly editor that aids in efficiently writing and managing C++ code. It is among the best C++ editors available, and it is available in many different languages, like English and Spanish.
- The platforms macOS, Windows, and Linux are all compatible with it.
- Graviton stores your data on your computer rather than a server.
- Unwanted code can be hidden in the editor.
- With the explorer panel on this utility, you may choose which files or folders to copy, move, or delete.