Java is a pure object oriented language. It was introduced by James Gosling in the year 1995. The first public implementation of java was done by sun micro systems in the year 1996 as java 1.0 . It is a high level, robust, secured programming language.
Java consists of Java Virtual Machine (JVM) which uses the execution engine and converts the class file into executable file (.class file to .exe file). The execution engine consists of Interpreter and Just In Time(JIT) compiler. In Java we will create classes and then we will create objects.
Java is an independent platform. It works on any kind of operating system. We use java to develop and to focus on large or major projects. The goal of James Gosling is to create the options more than that of sun micro systems.
History of java :
- For first time it has been introduced with the name oak in the year 1992.
- And then next the sun micro systems had introduced the first version of java that is Java 1.0 . And in this version the oracle is provided with the open source platform with the tool called java development kit ( JDK ) .
- And after this the sun micro systems had conducted the re licensing of all the new or old java technologies and by using the public GNU license.
The main motive of the java language is plat form independence. It runs with the principle of WORA that is Write Once Run Any where. It mainly means that we can execute the code any where which is once compiled in a system. There are many features in java.
Features of Java:
There are many kind of features in java. The main features or some of the features of java are as shown below:
- Object – oriented programming language
- Plat form independent
- Architecture neutral
- High performance
- Multi threaded language
There is also an automatic garbage collection in java programming language. Java is a best known for its security and it is also known as the secured box. Here there is no explicit pointer.
Java programs run inside a virtual machine sand box. There is also a translator in java. The translators used in java are compiler and the combination of interpreter with JIT compiler.
We can also define the java by using the following definition :
- Java is the collection of Application Programming Interface ( API ) .
- Application Programming Interface ( API ) is the collection of the packages.
- Packages are the collection of the classes and the interfaces.
- Where the interface is the collection of abstract methods and also the final static variables.
- Where the classes are the collection of instance variables , constructors and the instance methods.
Applications of java:
There are also many applications that are based on java. Few of the applications that are based on java are as shown below :
- Desktop application such as media player , anti virus etc.
- Web application such as Javatpoint etc.
- Enterprise application such as banking application.
- Mobile applications
- Robotic application
- Smart card application
- Embedded system
- Games etc.
Dot Net :
We know that java is a software which works on any kind of operating system. But compared to java the dot net is mainly focused on different kind of versions of the windows operating system. We can also call Dot Net as .Net .
We use the dot net inorder to develop the rapid applications. It is mainly used when we want to develop the rapid applications. To improve the speed of coding dot net helps a lot to a programmer.
History of Dot Net:
- The micro soft systems has developed a soft ware with the name called Next Generation Windows Service (NGWS ) in the early 1990 ‘ s. The developed software is nothing but the dot net.
- The first official version of the dot net that is .Net 1.0 has been discovered in the early 2000 ‘s.
We also have to differentiate between the Dot Net frame work ( .NET Frame work ) and the Dot Net Core ( .NET Core )
Features of java:
- Working with an user using an interface.
- Accessing the data using dot net.
- We can also connect to different databases using the dot net.
- We can also do the cryptography.
- It is also helpful in developing the web applications.
- We can also go by working with algorithms.
- It is also used in networking.