Java is used in many real-world Java applications, including technologies and tools. This Java programming language has become the backbone for developing many applications. In areas like embedded systems and in enterprise solutions, this Java has made its mark.
Almost three billion devices, irrespective of their operating systems like Android, UNIX, Mac OS, and Windows, use Java for development, according to Oracle.
Today we can say the most extensively used language is the Java programming language. In this fast-emerging software world, Java plays a major role. We use this object-oriented language almost in every field of software.
- Multi-thread concurrency, high performance, functional, object-oriented (OOP), familiar, simple, robust, dynamic, interpreted, architecture-neutral, platform-independent, distributed, better performance, secure, and portable are the features of the Java programming language. And these features make Java programming language to use in a wide variety of applications and in many other software fields.
- For constructing applications on laptops, Java is used.
- In game consoles, scientific supercomputers, cell phones, data centres and many other devices, Java is used.
- After C and python programming languages, Java is one of the third most popular programming languages in the world.
- Java is used widely because of its reliability and ease of use.
- We can say it is one most popular as well as most used, widely used and used programming languages in many software fields in the world.
- For most of the back-end development projects, this Java programming language is used as the server-side language.
- In these back-end development projects involving android development and also those involving big data, we use Java.
- In mobile computing, desktop computing and in numerical computing, Java is the most commonly used programming language.
- The security feature is one of the main reasons to use this programming language widely and is also popular.
World’s Top Most Companies That Use Java Programming Language
Companies like Instagram, Spotify, Netflix, Google, Pinterest and Uber all this use Java for their tech stack.
NASA World Wind
As this provides geographic information, it is called the 3D virtual globe. Java is used here in proprietary, open-source software, and also it supports all types of operating systems. For providing 2D and 3D graphics, OpenGL API is used that interacts with the graphics processing unit directly. Geographical names, viewing angles and set visible layers can be searched by using this application.
This company uses Java to implement the functionality of its web application.
It is a famous computer game. And it is written in Java. In the Minecraft Java edition, Java 1.8 is included.
Java is used in Web-based programmes, video games development, IOT - Internet of Things, Big data, Android apps, Desktop applications, cloud-based applications, distributed applications and also in mobile app development.
As we know, that Java is also known as a server-side programming language. So, in Apache Hadoop, Hibernate, Spring and many others, it is often used for constructing web applications. Famous websites like LinkedIn, Amazon and many other Java are used.
For android development, Java is the official programming language. The official IDE for developing Android apps is Android Studio, and it uses Java. One can easily understand android development if they are with Java programming language.
Most programmers prefer Java when it comes to Big Data Technology aside from Python programming language, which is also used in Bid data. When it comes to Big Data Technology, Java and its community support are excellent.
IoT – Internet of Things
For IoT device development, most developers prefer Java as the best programming language. The main reason here to use it is because this programming language is platform agnostic. We create code only once, and this code operates on a wide variety of devices by reducing the overall workload for the programmers.
Mobile App Development
Same as for android applications for mobile app development also, the Java programming language is considered an official language. Android applications like Spotify, which is an online audio streaming service and Twitter, which is one of the most popular social media apps, are developed by using the Java programming language.
This application provides services at a low cost. We know that cloud-based applications are the applications the on-demand availability for most of the IT resources via the internet. The environment for developing the cloud-based applications is provided by Java.