Difference Between Python and Scala
What is Python?
Python is a high-level general-purpose interpreted programing language. It is used for multi general-purpose work such as language construct as well as its object-oriented approach aims to help many programmers to write clear, logical code for small and large-scale projects.
Python is dynamically typed and garbage collected language. It also supports multiple programming paradigms.
Python is the most favorable language for programmers because of its simplicity, the vast number of libraries, built-in functions, and modules. Python doesn't require syntax to execute a simple code like C, Java, C++; it takes fewer lines to execute. It very attractive language for rapid application development and for those who want to build a career in software development.
Advantage and Disadvantage Of Python
- Python's syntax is simple and easy.
- Python is very popular among developers and beginners.
- Python is a free and open-sourced language which means it is freely avaialable for everyone.
- Python has huge library extensions.
- Python is used in many fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, and much more.
- Python is a powerful programming language
- Python becomes slower at run time.
- Python is not much effective at mobile app developments.
- It consumes more memory than other programming languages.
What is Scala?
Scala stands for Scalable Language and it is a strong general-purpose Statically typed programming language. Scala supports both Object-oriented programming and Functional programming. Scala source code can be combined with the java code also can be run on the JVM (Java Virtual machine). Scala is like java the combination of Java and C as this language uses syntax like java and uses curly braces like C. Scala was first appeared in 2004 and its stable version was released on 22 February 2021.
As we compare the Scala language with other languages we get to know that scala code is error-free, Short, readable, and easy to understand. Its static helps the programmer to avoid bugs while writing or editing the existing codes. The Scala can be used on large-scale projects. The scala source code is developed in a unique manner that its compiler can interpret the Java Classes and objects.
Advantage and Disadvantage of Scala
- Scala offers toolsets to write the scalable concurrent application.
- Scala is a functional programming language that attracts developers.
- Scala designs encourages the users to search more.
- Using scala becomes less costly and easier to maintain.
- Scala is called the next wave in computer engine and development.
- Scala is faster in run time as it uses the compiler and JVM.
- Scala is error-free when the programmer did changes in existing code.
- Scala is difficult to learn syntactically.
- Scala has limited libraries.
- Scala has limited backward compatibility and lack of ease of Adoption.
Why Python is Different from Scala?
- Python is an interpreted language, whereas Scala is Compiled language.
- Python is much easier to learn compared to Scala.
- Python is a dynamically typed language hence it supports the object-oriented approach. It doesn't require to specify the object or any data type. whereas Scala is a statically typed object-oriented language, thus we need to specify the type of variable and objects
- For the development, the Developer found Python more effective and productive as compared to Scala, As it doesn't need the compilation of code which makes Python faster and effective.
- Scala has a very less amount of libraries as compared to Python. Python has a very huge library as per the different task complexity.
- Python uses less amount of memory than Scala has more memory consumption.
- Python is slower as it works on the interpreter and that makes it slower as while run time interpreter has to perform many extra works whereas Scala works on the compiler.
- Python becomes less complex to test a code as it is a dynamic language whereas Scala is static but Scala is good for testing.
- Python doesn't provide the Scalable features, whereas, Scala Stands for Scalable language which means it provides the Scalable features.
- Python is not suitable for concurrent programming, whereas, Scala is quite suitable for concurrent programming
- Scala consists of various existential types, macros, and implicit, whereas, Python consists of proper data science for Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning tools, and Natural Processing Language(NPL).
- While doing changes to the existing code, there is much chance to create a bug, whereas in Scala no such Problem has to be faced.
Key Differences Between Python and Scala
|Language||Python is an interpreted language.||Scala is a compiled language.|
|Ease of Learning||Python is easy to learn.||Scala is a easier to learn than Python.|
|Type||Python is a dynamically typed language.||Scala is a statically typed language.|
|Libraries||Python has huge libraries as per the different complexity.||Scala has a very less amount of libraries as compared to Python|
|Memory Usage||Python requires less memory cosumption.||Scala requires huge memory cosumption.|
|Speed of operation||Python is slower at run time. As it works on the interpreter.||As Scala does the compilation of code which makes Scala Faster at run time.|
|Programmer Favorable||Programmer preferably chooses Python over Scala.||Scala is not choosen Over the Python|