What is the profile name on Google? Here, the name on Google refers to the Google profile name, which you have saved while creating an e-mail on Google.
Name on Google
It’s your google profile name which is simply called the name on google.
This is what your Google profile name looks like. You can see your Google profile name from the browser page. To see your profile name:
- First, go to the browser page
- Then right-click there as shown in the above image
Reasons to Change Your Google Name
There is the following reason to change the Google name:
- Changing your name after marriage or due to any other official activity can be a reason to change your name from your google profile.
- If you wish to use the beginning of your first or last name.
- If you wish to combine both your first name and middle name.
- When you want to use your mother's surname instead of your father's surname to protect your privacy.
- If you'd like to use your full first name instead of the abbreviation, or vice versa Such as "Ravi" in place of "Ravikant."
Now, let's see the procedure of changing this Google name:
- First, open your browser, whichever you use on your desktop/ laptop/ Android (In android, you click on the top-right corner icon). After this, you will see your profile name, as we have seen above.
- After this, you will see an option Manage Your Google Account like in the given figure shown.Click on it and proceed.
After selecting this option, you will see something like the given below.
- Here, you will see an option with the personal name info. This is the place where all attribute regarding your Google profile is stored. In other words, you will get an option to change your Google profile name.
Therefore, go for it and click on personal info. As you will click on personal info, you will see your personal detail from there. One of the personal details is your name, as is shown in the given picture.
- Moving ahead, click on the name as the arrow shown in the above picture.
As you will click the name, another page will open. And it will be like the given below –
- Now, here out of many profile attributes, your name will be shown. And along with each attribute, there will be an option to edit it or reset it.
So, finally, to change the name, click on the edit button. And change your name from your Google profile.
In this way, you can change your Google profile from your desktop/ laptop and android.
On an Android device, how do you change your Google name?
Here, you can change your name by going through device settings.
- Open your smartphone's Settings application.
- Select Accounts.
- You may choose the account whose name you wish to modify by touching it.
- Select Google Account.
- Select Personal Information.
- Select a name.
- And at last, after putting in a new name, click Save.